Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

newsradio season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 of 52 OFFLINE   ginoDean

ginoDean

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 02:46 AM

dare i ask?
any plans?

#2 of 52 OFFLINE   MichaelColvin

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 03:25 PM

I'd love to see this release. It was a joy seeing the first two seasons on DVD in such an amazing package. I hope it's the same level of caliber in terms of commentary.

I'd rather wait longer and get a better release than a bare bones version now.

cheers, Michael Posted Image

#3 of 52 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 07:35 PM

Knowing SONY...

Probably never or 10 years from now.

Posted Image I hope they don't pull another "mad about you" (stupid best of, after releasing 2 complete seasons)...

#4 of 52 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted August 26 2005 - 05:14 PM

They have to release the entire series...i already had my taste on dvd and i need more.
We're Texas.

#5 of 52 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,595 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 02:28 AM

The episode I'm looking most foward to(and I think its Season 3)
Is where Phil Hartman's character is obsessed with the sandwhich machine, that the are taking away.
He hordes ll the sandwhiches, but all the sandwhiches are moldy and eats them anyway

all-banner.jpg

#6 of 52 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 03:46 AM

Good news - they're working on the set right now, but haven't set a release date.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 52 OFFLINE   Martin_C

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 04:41 AM

Quote:
Good news - they're working on the set right now, but haven't set a release date.
Thanks Gord! I'm happy with Season Three whenever. As long as they produce the same stand-out set they did with Seasons One & Two.

Quote:
Is where Phil Hartman's character is obsessed with the sandwhich machine, that the are taking away.
He hordes ll the sandwhiches, but all the sandwhiches are moldy and eats them anyway
It's an acquired taste! Posted Image

#8 of 52 OFFLINE   David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II

Second Unit

• 448 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 05:06 AM

Gord, come back and tell us when they start working on Just Shoot Me: S3! I'm maybe even more eagerly waiting for that one!
Have you ever heard of Vietnam, Larry?

#9 of 52 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 05:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks Gord! I'm happy with Season Three whenever. As long as they produce the same stand-out set they did with Seasons One & Two.

I hope so as well. I told Sony what an amazing job they did on the commentary tracks more than once, so hopefully we'll hear more on season 3. I want to hear how Andy Dick got booted off an Edmonton comedy club stage (SO pissed I missed that!!). Hey, he talked about his drug addiction in the first set, so anything is possible.

Quote:
Gord, come back and tell us when they start working on Just Shoot Me: S3! I'm maybe even more eagerly waiting for that one!

Well...that one didn't sell very well...

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#10 of 52 OFFLINE   Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

• 1,809 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 05:37 AM

Quote:
Well...that one didn't sell very well...

That's too bad. I did finally buy it but only recently. Still feel guilty for not getting Mary Tyler Moore yet...

#11 of 52 OFFLINE   Randy B A

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

• 785 posts

Posted August 27 2005 - 05:26 PM

I need to have slow donny in my collection.

#12 of 52 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 10:51 AM

thanks for the good news Gord. The sandwich episode was classic...hell, almost every episode is amazing.
We're Texas.

#13 of 52 OFFLINE   DavidBC

DavidBC

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 11:59 AM

This show NEEDS to be completed! The best sitcom of the 90s, without question. And I need it to reach the episode where Bill becomes a political piano satirist in the elevator ("When Johnny comes marching home again/He's gay! He's gay!"). Hilarious.
I don't care for modern films. All crashing cars and close-ups of people's feet.
-Lillian Gish

#14 of 52 OFFLINE   DanMel

DanMel

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 12:16 PM

This show may not be my all time favorite one from the 90's but if is not, it runs a very close second to Seinfeld. I just hope they do not try to cram so many episodes on to each dvd as the picture quality could have been so much better for the 1st and 2nd seasons.

#15 of 52 OFFLINE   MichaelColvin

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 12:19 PM

See I actually loved the content of the first 2 seasons and hope that they do a superb job with it. I don't mind that they crammed so many episodes per disc (most likely to keep costs down)

I thought that the set was VERY well done and hope that they use it as a template for S3!

cheers, Michael Posted Image

#16 of 52 OFFLINE   DanMel

DanMel

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 04:04 PM

Since there are only 25 episodes for season 3 as compared to 29 for Seasons 1 and 2, there should not be as much cramming in the 3 dvd format. As disk 1 would have 9 episodes with disk 2 having 8 and disk 3 having 8 plus extras. Hopefully extras in the form of video will be left to a minium, which would save more space for the compression of the episodes. Audio commentaries do not take up hardly any space and they can put as much of that on season 3 as they want.

#17 of 52 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 06:44 AM

Is NewsRadio even syndicated anymore?

I used to have it here on my local Fox affiliate and on A&E, but it has been years since I have seen it on either of those networks.

I had not seen an episode for years until the DVD set. I cannot wait anymore for season 3, I have to see some more episodes!

I hope they continue with the quality set. My only gripe on the first set was the coverart. I hope they change to match the show more.
We're Texas.

#18 of 52 OFFLINE   ginoDean

ginoDean

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 06:12 AM

Very excited to know that season three is in development. I hope they don't make us wait until May. I'd like to see sets sooner than a year apart from each other. But, if it's in May again, then it'll be easier for my wife to know what to buy me for my birthday like last year.

I think my favorite NewsRadio shows are season 3 and 4 finales, where they exist in an alternate universe. Can't wait to get my hands on those.

Season 5 wasn't as good, of course, but I do like Johny Johnson a lot. I still want the whole series, so I hope Sony doesn't screw with us.

As far as extras go, I'd love to see more outtakes like last season. This is one of the few shows / movies that I bother watching with commentary. Most of the time, commentaries are kind of boring. So I'll take as many of those as possible.

Hopefully in season 3 and 4, a documentary about Phil will be included. Would be great seeing the cast reflect on the work they did with him. Anyone else find it bittersweet rewatching the episodes in seasons 1&2 that focused on Phil being killed (stalker, Santa Claus...). So funny, yet, so tragic...

#19 of 52 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted December 19 2005 - 06:07 AM

Quote:
I hope they don't make us wait until May.
Thankfully, we won't have to. TVShowsonDVD has posted a February 28, 2006 date for season 3. It'll contain commentary (the reason for the delay) on 10 of the 24* episodes on the 3-disc set. It also will include a gag reel and a featurette.

*TSoD says there will be 24 episodes. The epguides.com listing has 25 episodes listed for season 3, but 1 episode ("Injury") aired in June, following the "season finale" episode "Space" (according to the notes at epguides.com) on May 21. So I'm thinking that "Injury" will be on the season 4 set, since Gord specified 24 episodes in his news post.

Lastly, I'm interested if episode 48 (according to epguide's numbering) "Our Fiftieth Episode" will include both versions - the original and the "Pop-Up Video" version that aired on NBC a year later. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it'll just be the former and not both.

#20 of 52 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted December 19 2005 - 06:31 AM

Recently finished the first set, and I'm glad SONY is going to continue with this show. Good news indeed!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow