-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'24' on WGN?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 01:46 AM

I was out of the room earlier this morning when I heard Jack Bauer's voice, then I realized it was a commercial on WGN, advertising itself ("the superstation") as "the new home of 24".

Anybody know the scoop? Has the show been syndicated already? I thought 100 eps (or 5 full broadcast seasons, whichever qualifies) was the golden threshold for syndication? This one is just short of the 100-ep mark (at 96), and only 4 seasons...albeit LONG seasons (by current 20-22 ep standards; 12 or 13 for some cable shows).

#2 of 8 Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 02:11 AM

While searching for information about this, I ran across the Wikipedia page for the show...some pretty interesting stuff there. (Spoilers abound; also, plotline and cast info for S5...all of which has already been published elsewhere...but I know some people try to avoid such news items.)

http://tinyurl.com/atn8c

A couple of trivia items there which I didn't know...the sylviaimports.com website, the injuries...I knew the rest.

#3 of 8 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,631 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 16 2005 - 02:56 AM

I had heard it was going to A&E in the fall too. On either channel, it'll probably air once a week so it'll take nearly two years to show all four seasons at that rate. And by that time, they'll be past the five season mark.

#4 of 8 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 03:50 AM

24 is entering syndication October 1st, so expect then to be around the time when WGN begins airing it. A&E will start airing the show in January, IIRC. They'll probably air it 5 days a week. WGN and local stations that pick it up will be airing it once a week.

Hour-long dramas usually don't have the same syndication "rules" as 30 minute shows do because most hour-long shows only air 1 or 2 episodes a week in syndication, so stations don't go through the run nearly as fast as a 5-day-a-week sitcom. Having said that, Bernie Mac Show is entering 5-day-a-week syndication next month with 82 episodes thru it's most recent season (according to epguides.com), so the syndication "minimum" of 100 episodes is just a suggested # of eps before a show hits syndication.

And that's your syndication tutorial for today. Posted Image

#5 of 8 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,117 posts

Posted August 16 2005 - 03:51 PM

TNT was running 5 episodes a NIGHT, at least 4 nights a week, of X-Files as of last week. I think they have a cycle and now its doing that with NYPD Blue. I could be completely wrong, but I remember watching a LOT of X-Files in the last two months.

#6 of 8 Rocky F

Rocky F

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted August 17 2005 - 10:25 AM

I don't know about WGN's scheduling plans, but A&E will do a marathon of season 4 on Labor day weekend, and then begin showing 4 episodes each Monday after that. Here is a link to more info: http://www.thefutonc...ire.cgi?id=6961

I know that my local Fox affiliate will be doing double weekend runs this fall as well.
Rocky

#7 of 8 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted August 17 2005 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, but any local station doing a "double" run is going to be showing the same episode twice. FOX is only offering 1 episode per weekend, but allowing the stations to air it more than once.

#8 of 8 Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 02:32 PM

The "MYSTERY" channel has already been running episodes for at least a little while on my satellite system. But this means that more and more people will discover Jack Bauer and CTU L.A., always a good thing! GO JACK GO!! looking forward to season 5!
"Uncommon beauty is commonly overlooked".
THE WOODSMAN