Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Picture problems w/ Panasonic Tau

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Paul K.

Paul K.

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted August 15 2005 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

I have a 27" Panasonic Tau CT27SX12 that's a couple years old, and has developed somme picture problems.

These problems are not constant, and seem to be tied to the volume of the built-in speakers.

Specifically, at volume levels greater than ~18, snow/distortion appears in the picture and gets progressively worse the louder the TV is set.

This is a problem because the comfortable listening level in my living room is about setting 21, at which point there's consistently snow in the picture. This has slowly drifted upwards since I bought the TV; initially I rarely had to set the volume above "15".

This was not a problem when I bought the TV, so I'm not sure what is deteriorating to cause this problem.

If I run the sound through my HT receiver and turn the TV speakers off, all picture distortion disappears, regardless of volume settings.

Is some component of the TV failing here, throwing off interference that it shouldn't be?

My last TV lasted 7-8 years at least. I'm going to be fairly ticked if my barely 2 year-old high-ish end (for NTSC) 27" flat screen CRT is already dying.

Anyone else ever experience this, or know how I might fix it (beyond running sound through my HT all the time)?
-Paul