Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Stands for B&W Matrix HTM Speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Robert Saccone

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted August 14 2005 - 10:36 AM

In my system I have three B&W Matrix HTMs for the 3 front channels. I currently have the left and rights on cabinet shelves. I'm going to be getting rid of the cabinets and would like to place the speakers on speaker stands. Since these speakers are 17 1/4"W * 9"D * 11"H, I've been looking at center channel stands. All of the stands I've seen have top plates that are short by about 2 - 3 inches on the width and 1 " on the depth. Also, these speakers do not have holes on the bottom to mount them to stands. Having never used stands before I was wondering if I need to get an exact fit to the dimensions of the speakers? Must they be secured to the stands with nuts and bolts? Would something like velcro work or a tacky putty work? These speakers are pretty heavy so if the stands are stable, I don't think they would go anywhere. I'd be interested in hearing if someone has a particular stand they recommend? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users