Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Can't Get Million Dollar Baby to Load in DVD Profiler!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 09 2005 - 11:57 AM

I've been a little lax in updating my Profiler, so I've just gotten around to it and nothing comes up. I tried entering by title, and an older, different "Million Dollar Baby" from back in the '50's (I think) is there but no Eastwood "Baby".

Similar problem w/ "Sling Blade:CE" ... the profile comes up, but no image. Am I doing something wrong?Posted Image

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Dan_V

Dan_V

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted August 09 2005 - 01:23 PM

If you don't have the latest version,(2.4) which was released about a month ago, it won't update anything added since the new version, which means any new release. If you download the latest version it should remedy itself.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 10 2005 - 09:42 AM

Ahhh- so that's it!
Thanks!

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 13 2005 - 04:24 AM

It's been a few days now and I still can't get this to work. Or should I say work "fully". Here's the deal: I am now upgraded to the latest edition of DVDProfiler. M$B loaded with the images and no profile. Sling Blade:CE loaded with the profile and no images. So I checked the locks on the system and made sure everything was unlocked. Still nothing. Then, thinking my original non-anamorphic version of Sling Blade may be causing part of that discs' problem, I deleted it from the collection. STILL NOTHING.

While I was at it, I removed M$B from the profile and tried to start again. No help.
Anyone else have a solution?

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,244 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 13 2005 - 02:51 PM

i just added both and all info shows.

i dont hsve million dollar baby so i deleted it.
i do have new sling blade but never added it until now.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding

Second Unit

• 487 posts

Posted August 13 2005 - 04:36 PM

user error?

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted August 13 2005 - 04:52 PM

You should try visiting their forums and asking there. You're likely to get much better help there.

That said, I also have Sling Blade entered without any issues.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 14 2005 - 07:09 AM

Robert-
user error?

That's ALWAYS a possibility!Posted Image

Mark-
You should try visiting their forums and asking there.

Sounds good to me. Thanks.Posted Image

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 01 2005 - 05:30 AM

I dunno. I was just updating my collection in Profiler (an up-to-date version 2.4) and also couldn't enter M$B. I remembered this thread (must remember to empty brain at some point) and thought I'd check back here.

Turns out I could add it with the "enter title" function but my sku # is different from the profiler database.

Profiler has the sku as 12569-70653. My DVD says it is 12569-72323. Its been awhile since I unwrapped it, but I seem to remember a sku on a sticker (a skewer?!) placed on the outside of the cellophane wrapper. Wonder what's up?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
Profiler has the sku as 12569-70653. My DVD says it is 12569-72323.

That happens all the time. What you want to do is download the profile with the other UPC. Then go to DVD --> Change UPC. Enter the UPC of the one you have. Assuming the two are identical other than the UPC, you're done. If they're different, tweak the profile to match your disc. At that point you can re-contribute it to get your version in the database.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,213 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 01 2005 - 03:09 PM

Thanks, Mark!

Although I usually just download the version with the other UPC# and call it quits there. As long as its not a Canadian version or something, I'm not anal enough to need to have the exact UPC# in my database.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon