Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Big Post Office problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,895 posts

Posted August 09 2005 - 04:14 AM

I mostly order from DDD. My old mail carriers would leave a yellow slip in my mailbox if (as usual) I wasn't home. (I live in an apartment building - no doorman). I'd walk a couple of blocks to the post office the next day and get my package -- wonderful, compared to UPS (if anyone has had to get something from their Manhattan office, you know what I mean).

Now we seem to have a new mail carrier who drops of packages in front of my building's locked door, and can't ever be bothered to leave yellow slip instead.

Result -- they get stolen constantly. (3 DDD packages went missing during the 20% off sale. DDD came through and replaced all of them).

My GF complained to the manager at the local branch -- certain things improved (we haven't been getting half of the neighbor's mail dumped in our box) -- but still no yellow slips.

I have started giving my work address, and severely curtailed my orders, but it the long run I'll probably need to look into renting a box.

Very sad -- after years without a single lost package, my local post office goes down the drain...

Ted
Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Mark Philp

Mark Philp

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted August 20 2005 - 05:20 PM

Geeze. I'm sorry about your problem. A number of years ago, before I bought a home, I lived in an apartment building where letters were placed in the locked mailboxes, but packages were just left out on a table so everyone ended up loosing packages at one time or another. It got to a point where I had to rent a PO box and it worked fine for me. I have no idea what they go for now, but back then I think it was about $5.00 a month. It was worth every penny of it.Of course, if your employer doesn't mind you getting personal mail at work I think that's the way to go because it's free. I still do it sometimes like when I'm ordering a gift for my wife and don't want her to see it.

If I were you, I'd do something quickly. While DDD is very good when it comes to replacements, at some point they'll think they're getting scammed and will stop it. Good luck.