Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Fantasy Football advice

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#41 of 193 OFFLINE   Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted September 11 2005 - 10:11 AM

well i certainly should have dressed parker now shouldn't I

#42 of 193 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted September 11 2005 - 06:17 PM

Yes, without Willie I'd have gotten blown out. He outscored my 3 WR's, other RB, and TE put together. Now I'm stuck in that age-old fantasy conundrum of rooting for the Falcons but needing McNabb to have a decent game.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#43 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,995 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 12 2005 - 12:19 AM

Despite my lousy QB play (I got 1 point from Pennington), I'm up by 24 points going into tonight's game. My opponent has two defensive players and I have nobody. It will be close.

#44 of 193 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 02:53 AM

I had that issue yesterday with Dallas(rooting) and LT(my rb).

I'm also up by 25 with my opponent starting David AKers and Brian Westbrook but I have TO going. I'm already sunk in my other league Posted Image

#45 of 193 OFFLINE   Philip_T

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

• 876 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 03:37 AM

I ended up not starting I. Bruce and it cost me. He scored while R. Williams and J. Walker did not. You da man Shane. Speaking of J. Walker, I need to start combing the waiver list for a replacement since it looks like he'll be out for the year. Which one of these available WR's would you guys lean towards? A. Randle El (Upgraded with the departure of Plax) P. Crayton (looks like Bledsoe gave him alot of looks) B. Lloyd (could score a few TD's since they will be throwing all the time trying to come from behind) J. Jurevicius M. Williams (DET) (Not sure if I both DET Williams WR's though) I was leaning towards Randle El or Lloyd.

#46 of 193 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 04:53 AM

I'd go with Randle El. He seemed to get a ton of looks while Hines Ward was Mr. Invisible. I have Lloyd on my bench. If I'd played him instead of Ward or Travis Taylor, I'd already have won instead of having to sweat out tonight's game.
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#47 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,995 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 12 2005 - 05:10 AM

I would go with Randal El or Lloyd, too. I have Randal El at the end of my WR bench right now -- also have Holt, DBennett, Houshman, Kennison and Greg Lewis. I picked up Heath Miller as a 2nd tight end last week after Eric Shelton (Carolina RB) was placed on IR. Stupid me -- he has the same bye week as my starting TE, Randy McMichael. So, I need to decide between Courtney Anderson (Oak), Alex Smith (TB) and Ben Troupe (Ten) for a waiver claim. I think I'll go after them in that order.

#48 of 193 OFFLINE   Philip_T

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

• 876 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 05:54 AM

Thanks guys, I'll probably try for Randle El 1st, Lloyd 2nd. Scott, I'd agree with your TE priority list as well.

#49 of 193 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 06:08 AM

Randle El. I wouldn't go with Crayton yet. The problem in Dallas will be that they signed Peerless Price as well so that is 4 receivers and they are saying that Crayton's progress won't be hampered by Price. I could see Price spelling Terry Glenn more often that not though because Glenn is a bit fragile.

#50 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,995 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 12 2005 - 06:28 AM

Randle El also can get you some bonus points for return yards and the occasional WR pass play that the Steelers call for him -- if your league awards points for those things. I agree with Shane regarding Crayton. Parcells still is a running coach, and there are too many WR options in Dallas. This looks like more of a one-game wonder for fantasy football. I certainly wouldn't want to put him in my starting lineup unless he shows something in several games.

#51 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 06:37 AM

Like many of you, some of my best performers were warming the bench this week. I expected to crush my opp whose roster I was laughing at after our draft. Now, I too am sweating out tonights game, kinda. I am down by two points going into the game. I have Westbrook and my opp has Akers. I'm praying that Westbrook doesn't decide to holdout before kickoff or something.Posted Image Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#52 of 193 OFFLINE   Michael Warner

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor

• 742 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 08:17 AM

Since I have both Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson it looks like I may have to start both of them at RB if they're going to be splitting carries. Not a bad problem to have but I hate starting multiple players from the same team -- much less the same position. In my other league I have Brett Favre and Steve McNair as my only QB options and I'm afraid that may be enough to sink my ship.
Xbox Live: mugwumps

#53 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,995 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 12 2005 - 08:28 AM

Michael, the Priest/Johnson quandry is what made me pass on Priest in the draft (I took Alexander, who did crap yesterday). I feel for you regarding QB's, too. My top two QB picks were Plummer and Pennington. I may be starting my 3rd QB, Brian Griese, next week.

#54 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 09:39 AM

BTW, I prove yet again that I know nothing.:b
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#55 of 193 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 05:33 PM

I got exactly what I wanted - a Falcons win and McNabb did just good enough for me to pull out a 2pt win. My fantasy life flashed before my eyes when he was on the sidelines in the first half after getting drilled by Lavalais. He took some vicious hits in the 2nd half too.

#56 of 193 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,995 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 13 2005 - 12:22 AM

Brian Dawkins beat me last night. I had a 24 point lead and my opponent had two defensive players. Dawkins got 20 points all by himself (good DB's usually average about 9 points in our league). Posted Image

#57 of 193 OFFLINE   Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit

• 422 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted September 14 2005 - 05:39 AM

I could use some help with a possible trade. I'm in a 10 team league and I had the first pick. First pick I selected LT. 2nd/3rd pick (back to back) I selected Moss and Owens. I have an offer to get Priest Holmes for either Moss or Owens. Should I pull the trigger and if so, which receiver should I let go? Thanks
Everybody relax, I'm here. -Jack Burton

#58 of 193 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 06:17 AM

What are your other RB's and WR's? Priest should get more touches now that his competition is sitting in jail.Posted Image KC looked pretty solid this weekend.

If you have two decent RB's that aren't that much of a drop off from Priest then I think that having two stud big-play WR's on your roster is very intimidating. But then again...

...I know nothing. :lol:

Moss looks like he's going to get a ton of balls thrown at him this year (as usual.) It seemed like 2/3 passes in the Raiders game was to Moss. Looks like Collins is using the Culpepper chuck-and-pray method. I always thought that Culpepper was incredibly overrated as a QB. He makes a lot of bad throws that are inaccurate or into coverage. Lucky for him that Randy was such a stud that he would snatch those balls out of the air no matter where it was. This year he doesn't have that luxury so expect Culpepper to suck this year.

Collins was throwing into double and triple coverage just like he stupidly does every year. But now he's got Moss to make a play on the ball every time.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!

#59 of 193 OFFLINE   Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit

• 422 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted September 14 2005 - 06:33 AM

My RB's are LaDainian Tomlinson, JJ Arington, DeShaun Foster, and Ronnie Brown. My WR's are Randy Moss, Terrel Owens, Drew Bennett, Mushin Muhammad, and Eric Moulds.
Everybody relax, I'm here. -Jack Burton

#60 of 193 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 2,172 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted September 14 2005 - 07:38 AM

Make the trade, now. Before they come to their senses. (Trade Owens. He's going up against better defenses in division than Moss.) Note:All of this is IMHO.
The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users