What's new

Hill St. Blues DVD "Coming Soon"! (2 Viewers)

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator
Just posted on Gord Lacey's tvshowsondvd site: a list of just-announced titles from Fox, featured in their new catalog. Some have firm dates, others are listed as "coming soon".

Be still my beating heart... Hill St. Blues is one of those listed as "coming soon".

One down, one to go: hopefully St. Elsewhere will be up next...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
let's hope this avalanche of Fox news is real and not a false alarm like reported earlier this year (hell, that Reba season 2 that was coming in May STILL hasn't been formally announced).

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Holy cow, that's great. NYPD Blue and Hill Street Bues are two of my favorite TV shows ever. Please let it be complete season sets of HSB they release...

The White Shadow (also listed) was also an MTM show, and Mark Tinker and the late Bruce Paltrow were instrumental in creating that and St. Elsewhere (another MTM show). Maybe this is a sign whatever rights issues have been cleared up and St. Elsewhere is on the way?

I tell you, seeing "coming soon" listed next to Hill Street Blues is like finally passing a kidney stone. Hoo-effing-ray!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is great news, but I really wish St. Elsewhere would get a release. The two best shows of the 80's.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ok, Gord....it's a bet :D

Thanks for all of the news today. A :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: day for release news :D Several of my "wait-for's" are looking good.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
This is incredible news!! I've been craving HILL STREET forever!!!

Definitely count me in for at least the first 5 seasons and hope they rush the releases cause i'm dying to have Season Three which has one of the greatest television episodes ever in TRIAL BY FURY !

As for BLUE. I have the first 2 Seasons and though there is good stuff in Season 3 i'm inclined to stick with what i've got. I knew I wanted Season One because of the John Kelly storyline and Two to complete it. However TWO helped me realize just what a fantastic job Smits did in taking over and how the show continued to flow afterwards.

I guess for me it's that the secondar characters I don't find to be interesting in those seasons so i'm not sure Smit's and Delaney's storylines along with Franz's is enough for me?

R. Kay

Second Unit
Hill Street and White Shadow!!!!

Too bad Bruce Paltrow passed away. His views on the White Shadow would have been very welcome.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So very happy. Have been waiting on this show since the first TV product was placed on the market.

"Hey, Hey Hey, let's be careful out there." - Sgt. Phillip Freemason Esterhaus.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Good one :emoji_thumbsup:

"Item Last: Rumor has it that Season 1 of HTB is on it's way. On that illustrious day, let's traverse the roadways with caution to your local DVD outlet post-haste and procure said product asap." :D

Man, there's a lot of us out here that's waited for this news :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks Gord, Dave :D

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Already saving my pennies to get this, can't wait.

"My name is John, and ..."

"Hi, John." in unison.

"Hello, J.D." said by Captain Furrillo.

Great moment for the show.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome news.

Double sided discs ... not so great ... but I LOVE THIS SHOW, so the fact that its coming makes me smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks