What's new

"The Flash" TV series coming to DVD Finally! (1 Viewer)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I can't wait either, I've been wanting this show on DVD forever :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
This was a short-lived series that had real potential to it. I remember taping the 2-hour pilot and following a few episodes of it afterwards. It came off too reminiscent of the first "Batman" film at times, and I recall at one point seeing in the pilot the Flash's symbol streaking across the nighttime sky - I thought it was extremely corny.

I hope that for the DVD release they put some good extras on it (i.e. retrospective commentaries, behind-the-scenes featurettes, etc.) and price it affordably for the fans.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On a side note. For all of those Batman Animated fans who would have loved to see Hamill do a live action Joker. Watch the Trickster episodes of the Flash. The voice and mannerisms are just like his voice work for the Joker. And for fans of Harley Quinn...In the 2nd Trickster episode. An obsessed rich girl. Dresses up as "Prank". Who becomes is sidekick and is eerily similar to Harley.

BradD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
I remember liking the show, but I don't remember too much about it except for him eating all those pizzas, at one time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't remember much about this either, other than enjoying it. I'll definately be getting this!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
This series was constantly being pre-empted by the Gulf War. As such, I knew it was doomed to cancellation so I taped several episodes. Many have the commercials still on them so it's kinda neat to see what was going on on TV then. However, sine the DVD set will be coming, I can get rid of the tapes. Looking forward to it.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Make sure the episodes on the DVD are uncut, have their original music, etc. before you get rid of the tapes!

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
This series had some terribly cool episodes, usually starring versions of the comic book villains (e.g. the aforementioned Trickster, as well as Captain Cold and Mirror Master), but also a handful of rotten episodes. As I recall, the better ones tended to be written by comic scribes Howard Chaykin and Francis Moore.

John*D

Second Unit
Great!

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the SMALLVILLE S4 set so I can watch 1 episode again...

Now we're getting the entire series, yippie!

:emoji_thumbsup: KUDOS to the WB for kicking butt with TV-on-DVD this past year and beyond...

Real Name
Andy B
Sweet. I'm all over this DVD! The only thing I could do without is the girlfriend's accent. When she said "Barry," it was nails on chalkboard for me.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I never had a problem with Amanda Pays accent, but I always like a good brit accent. Kinda sexy.

The Flash was a fun little series. There were some pretty good episodes and the cast was pretty good. Course, I'm always a bit thrown when some of the actors show up in other shows. (Like Alex Desert showing up in Becker...)

Jason

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Was the show ever syndicated? SciFi Channel's about the only place that might carry a one-season series like this, and I don't remember it ever airing there. If it never aired anywhere other than CBS, there probably aren't any shortened copies lying about.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I haven't heard anything about any edits or anything. It just seems like everytime a show comes out on DVD lately, it has been screwed up somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks