What's new

Brady Spinoffs (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm a huge Brady Bunch fan and have been enjoying the season sets enormously. I would like for all the Brady spinoffs to be released.

From Paramount:

-The Brady Kids (animated series; 22 episodes)
-The Brady Girls Get Married/The Brady Brides (9 episodes, plus a re-edited version of the first three as a tv movie)
-A Very Brady Christmas (2 hour tv movie)
-The Bradys (one two hour tv movie; 4 one hour episodes)

From Rhino:

-The Brady Bunch Hour (all 6 episodes)

...Since BBrides and The Bradys are more adult themed, they could be released in a 4-disc set together.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I'm guessing the only one that stands a chance from your list would be 'A Very Brady Christmas'. But seeing how long it took Paramount to eventually release TOS, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
It is too bad that Paramount hasn't thought of using some of these spinoff shows as bonus features for their Brady Bunch season sets, as they seem to have given up on extras after the first season. Still, I suppose it is possible that these spinoffs could be released in the future.

A few shows (Punky Brewster, the non-season Fraggle Rock releases) have given the cartoon version as an extra. That could work here, as I strongly suspect all 22 episodes of the Brady cartoon is more than most fans desire.

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure when the Brady Kids started but it might have been around the third year.

What they could do is with the remaining three seasons of BB they could add a bonus disc of the Brady Kids.

As for the rest of the shows, they add up to about 20 hours. They could put them all in one set. A disc for each series. A Very Brady Christmas could have it's own disc with extras from all the different series.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not too concerned about them eventually putting it out. The Brady Franchise is very important to Paramount, no matter what the quality of the spinoffs are.

Dale_

Agent
I would definitely buy the Brady Kids, just for the guest stars (including the first ever appearance on television of Wonder Woman!).

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The Bradys also appeared on an episode of "Donny and Marie" (in character) before they had their own variety series. It has been shown on TV Land a few times.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll second "A Very Brady Christmas". I own the VHS version, and it gets watched every year in my home around the holiday season. Since (presumably) the season sets are doing well, it would be a great treat to see this made available on DVD.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I would also buy all of the Brady sequels and spin offs.

This isn't true. They only released 2 episodes on one DVD. Plus there were actually 8 episodes of the show. I'm sure music clearence rights would tie this up and we may never see all of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks