What's new

Hart to Hart - Season 1 on 10/25/2005! (1 Viewer)

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
"Hart to Hart: The Complete First Season" will be released on 10/25/2005, according to information I have obtained. It is a 6 disc set, with a suggested price of $49.95. This title should be announced by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on 8/15/2005, with a release date of 10/25/2005.

(Until this title is announced by the studio, the date still could change.)

I hope someone finds this information useful.

Brian-G

Auditioning
Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for this series on DVD for ages. I hear that the extras are going to be good, so there will be a lot of people looking forward to that official announcement!

Brian-G

Auditioning
I just received this from the lady who runs a fansite for Stefanie Powers:

Good news. :D

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news! I've been waiting for "Hart to Hart" on dvd for ages.

Thanks so much for the update on the "extras".

Brian-G

Auditioning
From what I understand, the shows bloopers and outtakes are to be incuded in this, or a later box set of the show. Several people have said that all five seasons are to be released over the next few years. Judging by this, Hart may have one of the best sets of extras and releases of any recent DVD sets.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
They will introduce "Hart To Hart" but won't continue on with "Charlie's Angels"? Something is jacked up here.

Brian-G

Auditioning
It is likely that this is a result of voting in the Sony TV on DVD polls that were conducted a while back.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I've been wondering when this was going to show up...I watched this religiously way back when. I hope the TV reunion films are released in a set as well, as I've never gotten to see any of them:

Hart to Hart: Hart to Hart Returns (1993)
Hart to Hart: Home Is Where the Hart Is (1994)
Hart to Hart: Crimes of the Hart (1994)
Hart to Hart: Old Friends Never Die (1994)
Hart to Hart: Secrets of the Hart (1995)
Hart to Hart: Two Harts in Three-Quarters Time (1995)
Hart to Hart: Harts in High Season (1996)
Hart to Hart: Till Death Do Us Hart (1996)

Anyone seen these? I just can't believe there are EIGHT Hart reunion films...crazy.

Brian-G

Auditioning
They were really good. It would be too early to tell about those, but it would be great to have them on DVD. Wait and see how the first few go.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
This is good news. I watched this with my parents for the entire run.

Jeff, I realize it's not DVD but until they get released, you can see the reunion movies on the Encore Mysteries Channel on digital cable/satellite.

Brian-G

Auditioning
Still no announcement from Sony, but it's definately happening. Here's the URL of an image of the box art that I got my hands on prior to any announcment:

img74.imageshack.us/img74/8493/h4ms.jpg

Copy and paste that into your browser window.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Nice scoop, Adam. Do you have a spy at Sony?

I'm not a big fan of the box art they have for this set. Robert Wagner's expression is a little bit off. Still, the set is very welcome and it is great that there will be some extras.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so excited about this release!

I hope the set includes the 100 minute pilot movie that was shown on Aug 25,1979.

Brian-G

Auditioning
Brett, yes it does. From what I've been told, it's the pilot movie that Stefanie Powers has recorded her commentary for.

All pre-order websites still list extras as "To be announced," so as these details emerge I'm sure this will be confirmed.

The set says 23 episodes - There were 22 after the pilot, so the pilot would be that extra one.

Brian-G

Auditioning
Coincidentally, I just found out what the extras should be.

DVDXVoting.com has details of the extras to be incuded with this set. If you go there and click on "Guest Login" and then search for Hart to Hart, you can see that there is a commentary and a new behind the scenes show called "Hart To Hart: The Hart Of Season One." Looks pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks