What's new

Any news about A Streetcar Named Desire SE? (1 Viewer)

Alejandro

Stunt Coordinator
I read some time ago that a new special edition of A Streetcar named desire was in the way for 2005 release, or was it for 2006 to coincide with its 50th aniversary?

I'm reading Sam Staggs book about the play and the movie called "When Blanche met Brando" and I'm wondering if he was appointed to make the audio commentary like he did in the All about Eve SE.

Anyone?

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
In the most recent Warner chat, they confirmed that a two-disc special edition of Streetcar would be released in 2006. They also said that Baby Doll, Sweet Bird of Youth, and Night of the Iguana were on tap for next year. Throw in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, either in its current incarnation or (hopefully) a new special edition, and you've got the makings of a great Tennessee Williams Boxed set.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Didn't Kazan do both Streetcar and Baby Doll? Maybe a Kazan signiture collection set?

I'll buy it either way!

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

With EAST OF EDEN and A FACE IN THE CROWD already released in other boxsets, I'm not sure Warners would have enough to fill a decent sized signature collection. A Tennessee Williams set would be great, though, but I'd hope that STREETCAR or BABY DOLL would include an ADVENTURES OF ERROL FLYNN type doucmentary on Kazan.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

Castle Hill Films owns the rights to Elia Kazan: A Director's Journey, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were included on the Streetcar set.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
To make a good Kazan box set, they could put in STREETCAR: SE, add BABY DOLL , AMERICA AMERICA, THE ARRANGEMENT. and upgrade SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS to a SE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks