What's new

LOST IN SPACE Season Three, Vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, the series is now complete on DVD and I can retire my old tapes from 1989 that were recorded off the USA cable network.

I've defended these sub-par, no-frills DVD releases all along, but now that I'm assured that all 83 episodes have seen the light of day, I can be more critical of Fox. It's too bad that the quality got worse and worse on these transfers as the volumes went on. So much blur and washed-out color, obviously taken right from the tapes. Even some ghosting effects here and there.

I really wish Fox would remaster these some day, and I think that while I'd gladly take these over my edited VHS versions, they were FAR from what they should have been.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Now that the LOST IN SPACE (CBS 1965-68) tv series is finally completed surely 20th Century-Fox Home Entertainment will turn its attention to the other three Irwin Allen 1960s SF tv series albeit utilizing much better source elements for the disc pressings.

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (ABC 1964-68) and THE TIME TUNNEL (ABC 1966-67) in particular are going to require extensive restoration work to be sure. I certainly hope that the powers-that-be at Fox don't attempt to market those (absolutely) wretched time compressed and slightly worse-for-wear inferior 16mm video transfers now in circulation for tv syndication!

Overall I'm not really satisfied with the job done on the LOST IN SPACE collections at all (shoddy prints, missing scenes etc.) and expect more effort and much better results with the other Irwin Allen shows. For Pete's sake just in case Fox Home Entertainment isn't aware of it this happens to be the 21st Century and today's more decerningly high tech oriented consumer has exacting expectations in the picture and sound quality of the source elements utilized.

So let's get with it people! Do a proper job next time!

Sheesh!

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (Click Here).

Jeff T.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
If Fox didn't bother to restore the picture for Lost In Space, I seriously doubt any effort will go into restoring "Voyage" or "Tunnel". If and when those other 2 series finally get released, I expect the same treatment that Lost In Space got (grainy, dark, blurry, sometimes scratchy image, and occassional missing scenes). It's sad, but apparently Fox has let it be known just how they feel about their Irwin Allen properties, with the poor quality on the Lost In Space sets. I'm afraid we fans got the shaft. Too bad the name of these shows wasn't "Star Trek", because we'd be getting the 10th newly restored DVD set release by now, with more extras than we could ever imagine.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Well I've purchased the final box of LiS and viewed a couple episodes. I agree that the audio/video quality actually suffers with each successive season released! I own the entire show on Columbia House tapes and they look better than these last discs.:frowning: Sadly, I'll watch the tapes if a Lost in Space mood hits me. Too bad Fox already has my DVD money.

:thumbsdown:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Phooey. Forget about remastering them for dvd. At this point, I'll skip LiS until the next format. Moving on.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

I was really excited about "Lost In Space" being released to dvd.I'm a true LIS fan and had waited a long time for this release.

I bought the first season and it looked ok but it could have looked better.

I purchased the 2 volumes that comprised season 2 as I had heard that the colors had been "enhanced" for this release.I was disappointed to discover that it looked like only every OTHER episode on the discs have had any work done on them.

As badly as I want this entire series on dvd,Fox will not be getting my money for the 2 volumes for the 3rd and final season releases of LIS.

Sadly,I would have paid more for a decent release of this classic.I like my money too much to throw it away on inferior products.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
VOYAGE and TIME TUNNEL are in such poor shape, that they will HAVE to restore them-otherwise they would look even WORSE than VHS-on DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks