Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cosby Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Videowack

Videowack

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 04:24 AM

Does anyone know if there's truth to the fact that when season one of Cosby Show is released next month, they will be the syndicated (edited) prints and NOT the NBC full-length originals? I hope it's not true, but I read a couple of preview comments on Amazon.com
Robby Lee

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 04:32 AM

There's actually already a thread about this. Don't feel bad- happens to most of us. A number of people have tried fairly scientific tests (comparing different versions) to determine if these are syndnicated cuts. It seems pretty sure that they are.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 06:45 AM

Plus, the company flat-out told the webmaster of sitcomsonline.com that they include the syndicated versions.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Videowack

Videowack

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 10:13 AM

Well, I won't buy them. I have every episode on tape directly off NBC from the original Thursday night airings. It's such a shame distributors do this. This isn't the first series to get this treatment.
Robby Lee