What's new

Any News On 'Into The West'? (1 Viewer)

Jim Saunders

Agent
I didnt find out about this great series until after it started and I've decided to wait for the DVD release to watch any of it. From what I have seen and heard, its great. Anyone have info on the release date?

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
During the final episode, with about 10 minutes to go, they advertised the DVD to be released in October and had a pic of the DVD cover but no specifics at all

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Check out the TNT web site. They have info there.

I am hoping they release it 1.78:1 Since I watched the HD feeds. No way I would buy a cropped DVD release.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I am looking forward to this set. I watched all six parts on TNT.

I'd have to say that the first four parts were the best. The last two were more "message" segments about the bad ways that the white man treated Native Americans.

I'll be interested to see how this set looks. It was broadcast in 1.78 to 1 widescreen format on cable.

I am sure there was quite a bit of footage they had to delete it'd be nice to see extended cuts, but it doesn't sound like that will happen.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I found a used copy for $20, but am on the fence about getting it.

Can anyone on HTF confirm what this guy on Amazon is saying about the DVD release of 'Into the West':

"...key parts are edited out -- most glaring is the Wounded Knee massacre -- the hodgkiss (machine) gunning of the Lakota has been removed. Also the entire sequence of Sitting Bull's Sundance prior to Little Bighorn is gone. Both were in TV version..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks