-

Photo
- - - - -

Receiver recomendations needed...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Leroy

Leroy

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 02:55 AM

Been on an upgrading tear lately and picking up the Sony KDF50WE655 LCD set, Athena Micra6 speaker set (down to $207 at BB, great deal!) to replace my mediocre Yamahas. Now my HK AVR 300's IR sensor has gone south, even the remote IR jack doesn't seem to be working. Which of course means that I can't access a lot of set-up menus and such with out the use of the remote.

With all my recent purchases, I'm kind of on a budget now. I've had the HK for almost 5 years, so I'm not really up on my receivers. What can I get in the $300 price range that's decent? Anything?

Thanks!
I rule all that I survey...and that ain't much.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kean-Hock Yeap

Kean-Hock Yeap

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 03:54 AM

You can get the refurbed AVR 230-Z (6.1 channel) or AVR 235-Z (7.1 channel) from Harman Kardon online store for around your price target (+/- $50). A new receiver that is very popular lately is the Panasonic XR55 (7.1), which can be had for less than your target price new. There are a lot of discussions on the Panny over at AVSForums. You may want to do a search and check it out.
Perpetual Novice

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   lee ison

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 11:24 AM

You might want to consider used, some great rec. can be had for around 200.00 or less, in light of the new models that have recently come out, although i have one for sale , i'm not trying the sell you mine , but i have seen several pioneer vsx-811's under 200.00 bucks on this forum, i had mine for two years and was quite happy until the upgrade bug hit me(vsx-1014), which by the way i picked up at BB for 225.00. YMMV.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian_cyberbri

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 12:30 PM

I got a great deal on a refurb HK 330 today, under your listed budget range, through the harmanaudio store on ebay. I was bidding for it, didn't get the highest bid, but was given a "Second Chance Offer" on my highest bid.

I was also bidding on a 235, but that went a little too high for me.

This will be taking the place of my AVR125. I've had it for 3 years and love it, but recently calibrated my new sub with Avia and an SPL meter and found out the bass management crossovers don't really do much. So I got the upgrade bug and went looking for a good deal. Needless to say I found I great deal.