What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/...s20050725.html

From the news release:

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats.

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment present a two-disc set for the Revenge of the Sith DVD, with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material. The DVD will include a brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. as well as two new featurettes -- one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, and the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts. A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set. A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I assume there will be some sort of box set made for the prequel trilogy, even if it is just a repackaging of the existing DVDs?

I was holding out on buying the DVDs until a full set was made of all six films, but I've given up on that, and now I'm just hoping for a nice box set of 1-3 to go with the 4-6 set that I will get at some point during the next few months.

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing about the deleted scenes, but we already know, by official means, that there will be deleted scenes.

Most of you know that at the Comic-Con a deleted scene was shown to the audience. It was about the formation of the Rebel Alliance with Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme Amidala and other senators, at Organa's office.

A news article from the OS showed 3 images from that scene. If you haven't, you can read about it here.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The spine is gold! I was worried that they would resume the gold for fullscreen/platinum for widescreen color scheme of the original trilogy and we'd be stuck with two golden spines for the first two episodes and four platinum ones for episodes 3-6. I'd prefer that they all match (and it kinda sucks that the foolscreeners will have that uniformity) but I can live with gold for the prequels and platinum for the originals.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material

Great, does that mean there will be no bass? BTW, did they ever figure out why some theaters had no bass?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
It definately depended on where you saw this one in theaters. I saw it at a regular multiplex, and the sound was far from impressive with little to no low end. However, I also saw it at a brand new DLP theater with THX certified sound, and it was by far the greatest audio I've ever heard in a theater. The low end was definately present there. So, I wouldn't worry much about this one on DVD, considering AOTC is still one of the best sounding (and looking) DVD's ever.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
There is something wrong with that. The Web docs are already at number 18. They are releasing only 15?!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hoorah! :)

Sam, checking the website, there's 15 web docs. Although they did actually a two part doc about the release of the movie internationally but that was exclusive to starwars.com and the San Diego Comic Con.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
At one time this would have been a nobrainer. Now I will pass. I have TPM but passed on AOTC.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Needless to say, this is a must buy for me!

I must say, they used a much better headshot of Sideous than they did in the theatrical one sheet, though I wish they used the one of him grinning and holding his lightsaber.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel

Funny they made a point to highlight that. Shouldn't that be a given? Maybe that's their way of saying it's gonna be a big improvement over the OT dvd set.

You also get to play two demo levels of the videogame. I'm not a gamer, but that'll be fun to play with. Unless you have to put it in a Playstation or X-Box to play it, in which case I guess I won't be playing it.

I just want to get my grubby hands on those deleted scenes!:D

derek

Second Unit
Sweet I know what I'll be getting for my bday Nov 1. :) Hopefully have the grand opening of our home theater too!!!

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I don't get it. I have 18! Could you please tell me what is the last doc about? And maybe the one before that. Thanks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sam, I have 17 and might have missed the last one. The AOTC disc didn't include all of the webdocs, so it isn't unexpected.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam, you're correct. When I checked before, I wasn't logged into the site. There are 15 webdocs that are available to everybody and three that are exclusive to SW.com members (for a total of 18 web docs). Those three exclusive ones will probably become available to everybody soon too.

I hope that the press release is wrong and all 18 will be on the disc. Especially since one of them is about the score and it seems unlikely that they would leave that one off the disc. Either way, you'll be able to get them all from starwars.com by the time the DVD hits. It's not a DVD but at least you can see it.

Sorry about the confusion:)

Brenton

Screenwriter
I can't wait. I thought it was great. I thought it made Episode II look like crap, and I LIKED Episode II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks