Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
363 replies to this topic

#1 of 364 JenaroM

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:26 PM

http://www.starwars.....s20050725.html

Posted Image

From the news release:

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats.

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment present a two-disc set for the Revenge of the Sith DVD, with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material. The DVD will include a brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. as well as two new featurettes -- one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, and the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts. A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set. A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

#2 of 364 MatS

MatS

Screenwriter

• 1,599 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:40 PM

I think I might just purchase this Posted Image

#3 of 364 Chip_HT

Chip_HT

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:58 PM

I assume there will be some sort of box set made for the prequel trilogy, even if it is just a repackaging of the existing DVDs?

I was holding out on buying the DVDs until a full set was made of all six films, but I've given up on that, and now I'm just hoping for a nice box set of 1-3 to go with the 4-6 set that I will get at some point during the next few months.

#4 of 364 JenaroM

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:09 PM

Nothing about the deleted scenes, but we already know, by official means, that there will be deleted scenes.

Most of you know that at the Comic-Con a deleted scene was shown to the audience. It was about the formation of the Rebel Alliance with Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme Amidala and other senators, at Organa's office.

A news article from the OS showed 3 images from that scene. If you haven't, you can read about it here.

#5 of 364 Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:21 PM

The spine is gold! I was worried that they would resume the gold for fullscreen/platinum for widescreen color scheme of the original trilogy and we'd be stuck with two golden spines for the first two episodes and four platinum ones for episodes 3-6. I'd prefer that they all match (and it kinda sucks that the foolscreeners will have that uniformity) but I can live with gold for the prequels and platinum for the originals.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#6 of 364 Shad R

Shad R

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 06:22 PM

uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material

Great, does that mean there will be no bass? BTW, did they ever figure out why some theaters had no bass?

#7 of 364 BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 08:07 PM

It definately depended on where you saw this one in theaters. I saw it at a regular multiplex, and the sound was far from impressive with little to no low end. However, I also saw it at a brand new DLP theater with THX certified sound, and it was by far the greatest audio I've ever heard in a theater. The low end was definately present there. So, I wouldn't worry much about this one on DVD, considering AOTC is still one of the best sounding (and looking) DVD's ever.
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#8 of 364 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 09:57 PM

There is something wrong with that. The Web docs are already at number 18. They are releasing only 15?!

#9 of 364 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,465 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 25 2005 - 11:14 PM

Hoorah! Posted Image

Sam, checking the website, there's 15 web docs. Although they did actually a two part doc about the release of the movie internationally but that was exclusive to starwars.com and the San Diego Comic Con.

#10 of 364 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,244 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 11:19 PM

At one time this would have been a nobrainer. Now I will pass. I have TPM but passed on AOTC.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#11 of 364 Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 11:59 PM

Needless to say, this is a must buy for me!

I must say, they used a much better headshot of Sideous than they did in the theatrical one sheet, though I wish they used the one of him grinning and holding his lightsaber.

#12 of 364 Joel...Lane

Joel...Lane

Second Unit

• 442 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 02:04 AM

Quote:
with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material.

Funny they made a point to highlight that. Shouldn't that be a given? Maybe that's their way of saying it's gonna be a big improvement over the OT dvd set.

You also get to play two demo levels of the videogame. I'm not a gamer, but that'll be fun to play with. Unless you have to put it in a Playstation or X-Box to play it, in which case I guess I won't be playing it.

I just want to get my grubby hands on those deleted scenes!Posted Image

#13 of 364 Kelvin Lennon

Kelvin Lennon

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 02:54 AM

Sounds great. I love the new cover. I'll definitely pick this up.

Looking forward to Battlefront 2, as well.

#14 of 364 derek

derek

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 03:27 AM

Sweet I know what I'll be getting for my bday Nov 1. Posted Image Hopefully have the grand opening of our home theater too!!!

#15 of 364 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 05:05 AM

Quote:
Sam, checking the website, there's 15 web docs. Although they did actually a two part doc about the release of the movie internationally but that was exclusive to starwars.com and the San Diego Comic Con.
I don't get it. I have 18! Could you please tell me what is the last doc about? And maybe the one before that. Thanks.

#16 of 364 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 05:23 AM

cool count me in

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#17 of 364 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 26 2005 - 05:45 AM

Sam, I have 17 and might have missed the last one. The AOTC disc didn't include all of the webdocs, so it isn't unexpected.

#18 of 364 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,465 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 05:50 AM

Sam, you're correct. When I checked before, I wasn't logged into the site. There are 15 webdocs that are available to everybody and three that are exclusive to SW.com members (for a total of 18 web docs). Those three exclusive ones will probably become available to everybody soon too.

I hope that the press release is wrong and all 18 will be on the disc. Especially since one of them is about the score and it seems unlikely that they would leave that one off the disc. Either way, you'll be able to get them all from starwars.com by the time the DVD hits. It's not a DVD but at least you can see it.

Sorry about the confusionPosted Image

#19 of 364 Brenton

Brenton

Screenwriter

• 1,169 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 06:11 AM

I can't wait. I thought it was great. I thought it made Episode II look like crap, and I LIKED Episode II.

#20 of 364 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,465 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 06:17 AM

Quote:
I thought it made Episode II look like crap, and I LIKED Episode II.

I wish they'd put that quote on the coverPosted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow