Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Bonus disc for Enterprise season 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 09:50 AM

Is there one? I can't seem to find any info on it at their site. Ric

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 11:07 AM

Ric, season two at Best Buy will contain a bonus disc containing the featurette "Shooting Future Tense" -- but you might not receive it if you order from their website. You need to buy it in store.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,835 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 23 2005 - 11:40 AM

Will: I'm not doubting you...but I'm not seeing any mention of a bonus disc on Best Buy's Sunday flyer. That's odd.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   DougWright

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 03:42 PM

Future Shop (best buy north) here in Canada is showing that bonus disc as well. Ric let me know if you don't find it. I hope I will.
Doug "Thread Killer" Wright

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 05:18 PM

The bonus disc is mentioned in the online listing at BestBuy.com:

http://www.bestbuy.c....&type=category

Order the 7-disc Star Trek: Enterprise (Season 2) and we'll include a bonus DVD featurette "Shooting 'Future Tense'."

This bonus content provides a unique behind-the-scenes look at several scenes from one day's filming. It shows the cast rehearsing on the bridge and other sets, as well as the director of photography Marvin Rush prepping a difficult shoot.

Star Trek: Enterprise (The Complete Second Season)
Release date: 7/26/05

Set in the 22nd century, a hundred years before James T. Kirk helmed the famous starship of the same name, Enterprise takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy.

Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise NX-01.

As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these pioneers will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.

Bonus DVD available with purchase while supplies last. Bonus discs are for promotional purposes only. Not for individual sale. Bonus features are not rated.

Star Trek™ and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. ™, ® & Copyright © 2005 by Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved.

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 01:10 AM

Thanks folks! For the first time I'm really debating if I'm going to bother with this. If I can get the set for 15 bucks cheaper at BJ's, it hardly seems worth it to go for that extra disc. Must fight the urge to be a completist! Ric

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 06:31 AM

The way I see it, I already have all the bonus discs from all the previous series as well as Enterprise: Season 1....there's only 3 more seasons of Star Trek to go on DVD ever (not counting the animated series) so I might as well get the remaining bonus discs. Mind you, once this series is done, my wallet will be very happy.Posted Image
Recently watched- Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Trek(2009), Game Of Thrones: Season 1, Vault Of Horror, Tales From The Crypt(1972), Paranormal Activity 3, The Purge: Anarchy, Speed, Oldboy(2013), Fright Night 3D(2011), Cosmopolis, Supernatural: Season 3, The Darkest Hour 3D, Scanners, Dracula Untold, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Star Trek: Season 2, Band Of Brothers, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2

"Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say...Good luck."

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 07:27 AM

I still refuse to buy any ST tv sets b/c of the stupid price. If the prices were about $50 for the SRP, I'd start buying TNG, VOYAGER, and ENTERPRISE.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,295 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 05:06 PM

I think once the set are all released we'll see a price reduction on them much like the X Files Set It will pay off to wait.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:17 AM

Quick shout-out to Scott Kimball: Hey good buddy, where's the ENT S2 review? Looking forward to reading it soon! Posted Image
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,295 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:24 AM

I would imagine the quality of S2 will be what S1 was. I'm going to Pass on S2 and S3, I liked the Show but the Quality was'nt up to the Price they are asking. I will Probably spring for the Superior S4. I would Imagine Paramount will Price Drop these some day like Fox Did for X Files. Can't Justify the money when I can get 4 TV Box sets for the Price of 1.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   TroyMM

TroyMM

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:27 AM

In Canada, Future Shop (Best Buys cousin) has ST:TOS and ST:TNG on sale for $99.99 CAD (regular $160 CAD), the online stores (amazon.ca and dvdsoon.ca) normally sell them for ~$130. I got excited and almost bought season 1, then realized it is still double the cost of other series that I buy, so I passed. I will wait for Paramount to drop the prices, I won't pay more than $75 CAD for these.

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   MichaelColvin

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 07:04 AM

I haven't purchased a Bonus Disc from Best Buy before. I have a reward zone card. Do I need to do anything special? Where do I get the actual disc from?

Curious to hear other people's experiences.

cheers, Michael Posted Image

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 07:48 AM

If it's packaged on the DVD, Michael, then you have to buy the whole set in order to get the bonus disc. That's been the case with all of the Star Trek DVD sets from BB. However, when the first three seasons of Seinfeld came out last year, the bonus disc was offered separately, so you could have gotten that one by itself and not as part of the season sets. With most of the DS9 discs I've had to get them through eBay. The toughest one to get was the bonus disc from S4, every time I'd bid on it, I'd lose in the very end! Fortunately I was able to pick it up, so now I've got it in my collection. Haven't bothered to get any of the TOS or VOY bonus discs, though I might pick up the discs for ENT S2-S4, if I can get them through eBay for a reasonable amount.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 08:17 AM

BB's price for the X-Files has gone back up to $96.99 B&M and online. I'd love to see BB run a $49.99 sale on TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but I couldn't stand $1000 to complete the 3 series all at once. Posted Image

The BB X-Files sale only lasted a couple of weeks, but it was long enough to let me finish my collection. Posted Image

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   MichaelColvin

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. cheers, Michael

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   WilliamW

WilliamW

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 07:52 AM

Just got home with Enterprise Season 2..from Best Buy..the bonus disk is inside

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 08:47 AM

My kingdom for the bonus disc! Anyone wanna part with it?

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,631 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 03:28 PM

Thought I'd jump back into the HTF, got my Enterprise S2 set tonight. Ric, I think you should get the set, complete it, and then you're done and won't regret it later.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   Dave Jessup

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 11:30 PM

As mentioned above, the Star Trek bonus discs from Best Buy have always been packaged with the item - earlier shrinkwrapped outside the pack, more recently inside. The outer wrapping will specify a bonus disc is enclosed. And Media Play stores generally have the bonus disc edition available too; that saves me a 20-minute-each-way trip locally. (Though I think Best Buy divested itself of the Musicland Group which includes MP, the good stock still appears. Just watch the prices, as always!)