Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

30Hf85 Problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ryan Abbath

Ryan Abbath

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 08:01 PM

I bought the Toshiba 30HF85 widescreen flat television. Ok now here come the problems. I bought a Samsung HD941 dvd player to go 1080 HDMI with my TV. So the DVD player arrived and I hooked up the player HDMI to HDMI 1080 at first. I noticed when large objects would move on screen thick white transparent lines would move with the object, sometimes up and down. It would happen really fast. So I took it back down to 720 and it stopped doing that. It also did not do it for 480 either. So I'm watching LOTR The Towers and in the very beginning when Galdaf is falling through the rock with the demon I noticed the rocks were glowing this odd red color, with a hint of blue and green. The next shot is Gandalf falling for the sword and it's a mixture of reds, blues, and greens glowing all around gandalf. So I hooked up via component and had the same exact problem, with 480, 720 and 1080. I put in other movies and it mostly occurs on walls and backround objects. I hooked up with just regular video and there was no trace of this problem at all. So I figured it was the DVD player, told my friend to bring over his JVC progressive scan dvd player. Same exact problem via component. I even took out my old toshiba 2150 player that isn't progressive and hooked it up via component, and the problem is still there. Does anyone know what is wrong? It seems like certain objects on screen or certain color's trigger this. It's almost like glowing blobs of red, green and blue. I've tried everything, tweaking out the settings and it's a little better but still there. Someone help me before I go insane here. Is it the TV or the dvd players? I'm starting the think it's the TV...but it's really gonna suck hauling that TV out of my entertainment center and taking it back to best buy. I'm kinda restricted because this is the only 30" that will fit in my entertainment center. Taking it back is my last resort right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users