What's new

Smallville pre-Season 5 thread (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't find a thread about the new season, so I thought I should create one. If I was wrong to do so, I apologize.

Anyway, major news was announced today for the new season. Spoilers space just incase.

James Marsters has been cast as Professor Milton Fine, aka Brainiac for multiple episodes!

Tom Wopat will guest star this season as well. According to the WB press release, he'll play an old childhood friend of Johnathan Kent's who is now a state senator.

Also, classic DC Comic character Aquaman will show up in the fourth episode.

Source: Kryptonsite

Rocky F

Second Unit
Man, call me a fanboy, but that sound so cool to me. I can't wait for the season to start. I just wish my WB affilate would go HD by then, but I ain't holding my breath for that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Typically, we don't start season threads until the Fall schedule gets started, so this will be the pre-season 5 thread for now.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I never liked the Dukes of Hazard but I do love mini reunions to watch how they act off each other What if the actors who played Coy and Vance will show up too?

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
According to TV Guide, Carrie Fisher is appearing on the show as Pauline Kahn, the editor-and-chief of the Daily Planet in the episode airing October 27th. The role could possibly become recurring.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
It's never been officially announced by the WB.. so I'm not sure where they got that news.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
So...what happened last season? I was too busy watching Lost to tune in. :)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
It was evident the show was losing steam last season. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season. I love the show but the good stories are sprinkled very lightly throughout the seasons anymore.

James:

Auditioning
When smallvile first came out I was a big. I'm still a fan, but not as much as before. There are only a few good stories here and there, but it seems the show is sorta leaning towards "soap opera" at times.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I felt the biggest weakness last year, just like pretty much every season was the Lana Lang character. The only problem last season was that she was isolated into her own storyline and when she was on screen, it felt like it was a different show.

Beyond being the object of Clark's affection, she's never really served any other purpose and you can tell that by the way the writers have always struggled with the character.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
After reading spoilers for next season including an upcoming

Vampire episode taking place in a sorority where the head vampire is called Buffy Sanders. And, of course, Lana becomes a vampire.

I'm not too hopeful for the quality of this season.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Well, that particular episode sounds a bit cheesy to me, but other than that I'm pretty excited about the stuff I've heard about for the season.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I was reading an article in dreamwatch and they also referred to this season as the last. That's the first time I had heard that. It would be nice if they ended it and then went to the movie.
I too still like the show but last season was a mixed bag. It was all over the map and not in a good way. The addition of Lois was not a good thing either. A few appearances would have been fine but now she'll be back for another year.

I'm looking forward to seeing Carrie. I'm guessing it will be somewhat comedic.
Dean Cain will be making an appearance too. Too bad they couldn't get Teri Hatcher for an episode. I don't think that's going to happen though.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Lois was the best thing about last season.

I believe the show will go on to a 6th season, especially if Superman Returns is a big hit. WB will want to capitalize on that with another season next fall.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Please, please say it isn't so, the last season!? :frowning: Next to Monk this is my favorite series, this seems like a rushed and premature move.

My friends and I were looking foreward to the show lasting for at least 7 seasons. Clark simply isn't ready to become Superman yet.

God I hope it's just some rumor, or if it isn't, I hope and pray that they change their minds and do another. :frowning: I love Smallville.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
The WB has made no such announcement, neither has the producer or the cast.. so I wouldn't worry.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, whew, as long as nobody involved with the show has said anything like that, that's cool. It would have been a very depressing series of phone calls for me to inform my friends if such a development happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks