What's new

Major WWE release news for November (1 Viewer)

David Bixenspan

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan Alvarez of Figure 4 Weekly got the latest WWE Home Video press kit, and it announces these:

Street Date November 1:
-WM 1-21 box set will retail for $299.95 and will include special trading cards and such.
-WM 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20 box sets will retail for $69.95 each.
-WWE Legends: Jake "The Snake" Roberts will retail for $34.95

Street Date November 15:
-Screwed: The Bret Hart Story will retail for $34.95.

Yowza.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that the WWF Scratch logo isn't censored on Wrestlemania 14-18, but I have a feeling it will be. For $300 this box set should perfect.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Great news, 1-5 and 6-10 for me!!

It'll be a real trip watching these again! :)

What about the Royal Rumbles, SummerSlam and Survivor Series though?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll definitely get the 1-21 set, assuming each of the events are uncut. It'd be nice to finally replace the 'Legacy' VHS collection I currently own. I'd love to see extras on these discs also such as original promos, PPV commercials, etc. Press conferences of each event would be stellar as well, especially for the early events. The price is a bit steep (it'll be closer to $400 here in Canada) but it'll be well worth it.

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
Well as you can tell by my signature I am a huge HBK fan...so these wrestlemania releases will be great for me. as how he is the show stopper the main event the greatest sports entertainer alive today!!!!! ok i got carried away lol

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Well the Bret Hart set is a must for me and the Jake The Snake set should be pretty good as well. Not sure on the WM's discs though. Of the ones not available on DVD, X and 14 are the ones that really scream out for a purchase from me but the set might be worth it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I want them all. I have I think of the ones that came out, all but 18 and 21...oh yeah and 15 cause it sucked.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Too bad the scratch logo will have to be blurred, and all verbal references to the "WWF" will have to be blanked out.

I had never really noticed the verbal references get blanked out that much until I watched the Road Warriors set. It's pretty prevalent during the various promos on that set.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
So, when can we expect sets devoted to Bruno Sammartino, Bobo Brazil, Gorilla Monsoon and the other WWWF greats?

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
I am excited about the Wrestlemania ones...As well as the Bret Hart one. Oh boy...Have you noticed that ALOT of really cool things are coming out?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I hope they got the Jessie Ventura thing cleared for these, cause it would not be fun to hear one sided commentaries like on various WCW matches on the WWE dvds.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This is true, but Bossman/Undertaker Hell in a Cell is really really terrible. Gunn getting knocked 6 ways from sunday might be entertaining, but its also really short. Although I do laugh out loud when I think of it.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
If they do a Bruno set, he probably won't be involved. He's been very critical of the WWF/E and Vince since the Attitude era. He's met with the McMahon's in recent years and was asked to be part of the Hall of Fame ceremony but he declined.

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator

You are not the only one.

My first WM was 3...It will always be my favorite. First time I'd seen blood was the Hercules aftermath. "He may have won the battle but Hercules won the war" was the line by Ventura...Steamboat vs. Savage. What can you say? It really un-nerves me when teenagers talk about wrestling at these wrestling forums and insist that Austin/Rock is the best Wrestlemania match of all time....Ughh....Steamboat/Savage was pure poetry. GREAT storyline leading up to it too.

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Bret Hart is involved in some capacity with the DVD that is profiling his career. It would be a more well rounded and comprehensive DVD if he gave his perspective on things. Considering the hostility that exists between Bret Hart and Vince McMahon that might be wishful thinking.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Really excited about the Bret Hart DVD.

back in the olden days it was great to see the Steamboat/Savage storyline unfold over time. Still the best match in my book

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
According to 1Wrestling.com...

"WWE.com is reporting that Bret 'Hitman' Hart is on his way to WWE Headquarters for a meeting at 4:00 PM today." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks