What's new

OPPO 971 and Infocus X1 trouble (1 Viewer)

Lorne

Agent
So I bought the Oppo figuring I'd upgrade soon to a DVI-in capabile PJ but for now, I'm having trouble getting it to work with my x1. I can't figure out how to make the DVD player output a signal through the component cables. I tried every kind of configuration I could think of to get it to work. Alternatively, it works fine through the composite out, but when I try to switch back to component, the X1 briefly shows a highly distorted image of the setup screen with vertical hold problems, but then the signal is lost and the projector returns to its default blank blue screen showing no signal. My older Samsung DVD player works fine through the component cables. Any ideas?

LT

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Most DVI players disable component output when a DVI cable is connected. Unplug the DVI cable first, then test the compenent connections.

Also, it's my understanding that the Oppo only outputs 480i over component.

James Phung

Second Unit
The x1 can only accept 480p, 720p, and 1080i over component using the component to vga adapter. With the component to svideo adapter, the x1 can only accept 480i. The Oppo will only output 480i over component, so you must be sending it into the x1 via the component to svideo adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks