Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hollywood Video "MVP" Program?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 01:43 AM

For $8 month (the cost of 2 rentals), you can borrow most DVDs, 3 out at a time, unlimited number of times. Late fees apply.

The exception is of course really new releases, it takes perhaps six weeks for them to be available that way.

Despite my 5 out at the time Netflix account, I spend much more than $8 a month at HV (it's at 5 min from my house), typically because I want something right away rather than waiting.

Netflix is awesome, but it's not perfect. I have returned many a movie without watching them because, while I may have been in the mood for them when I pushed them to the top of my queue, my interest shifted elsewhere by the time they got here.

Instant gratification has it's perks...

So I am now reducing Netflix account to 3 out at a time, putting the difference toward Hollywood Video, AND saving like $3 Posted Image. Best of both worlds.

--
H