What's new

Batman Begins DVD extra material is starting to surface (1 Viewer)

Daniel-M

Second Unit
from bbfc.co.uk

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - GENESIS OF THE BAT 14m 52s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - EASTER EGG #3 - WAYNE TECH 2m 28s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - SHAPING MIND AND BODY 12m 48s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - BATMAN - THE JOURNEY BEGINS 14m 15s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - CAPE AND COWL 8m 17s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - BATMAN - THE TUMBLER 13m 39s

BATMAN BEGINS - DVD - SAVING GOTHAM CITY 12m 59s

BATMAN BEGINS - DIGITAL BATMAN 1m 5s

BATMAN BEGINS - DAILY MIRROR 27m 12s

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
Commentary by both Nolan AND Goyer as well as some deleted scenes and ALL the trailers, and then we might be set.

I would also like a 1-2 hour history of Batman from the comics to today documentary. Better make it 2 hours.

THEN, I'll be all set.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

This will be on the third re - release, out january 2007. :D

By the way, I thought this movie was amazing. I don't care anymore about extra material, just give me reference picture and sound quality. It's Warner Bros, so, I guess I'm safe. :emoji_thumbsup:

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hearing October 18 is the release date for Batman Begins (according to my distributor). :)

Christian

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Warner isn't really into dounle-dipping so we should be safe. It seems they only double-dip DVD's that where released before DVD broke through and because of that got bad releases. So we should be safe

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Great information, Daniel! One question though - you mentioned that there was an "Easter egg #3" that's going to be on the disc. Any word on the first two Easter eggs?

For that matter, I'd love to hear an audio commentary with Christian Bale, in addition to Christopher Nolan and David Goyer, that would be certainly interesting. And I agree, throw in all the trailers and TV spots to sweeten the pot, and I'll be completely bat over heels! :D

Daniel-M

Second Unit
I don't know. This information comes from the british equalinent of MPAA where everything that the studio wants to release on DVD have to have a age-certification, even special features. But they don't submit everything at once and commenatries are usually submitted last. I expect more things to show up in the coming months. Warner will probably have officialy announced the release by the time any commentaries are submitted for classification

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
so 10/18 is the date for ALL FIVE batman movies? I'm surprised they're not releasing the animated series Vol. 4 that day.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Ouch! All of the Batman feature films on the same day... along with the Gladiator 3-disc set in August, Smallville S4 in September, AOS S1 in October, ROTS and Titanic in November, and Clone Wars S2 in December...

My wife is gonna kill me! Either that or send me to my media center in the new house! :D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Just cause I love to pick the nits, they have already completed releasing all of the episodes of "Batman: The Animated Series" in three volumes. If they release another set, it would probably be called something like "Batman Gotham Knights" or "The New Batman Adventures" which was the series they did around the same time as the Superman Animated Series. They could fit that whole 24 episode series on one large volume, or they could do "season" sets in two volumes.

Regards,

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
go on warner another full rate dts would'nt hurt you esp. as it was one of the best soundtracks i have heard ever(and im sure oscar is watching)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from todays Bits Rumor 1-8-05

Batman Begins. We've gotten word from sources on the contents of the 2-disc DVD set (tentative street date 10/18), which we now expect to
include anamorphic widescreen video
Dolby Digital 5.1 audio
audio commentary with director Christopher Nolan and co-writer David Goyer

10 behind-the-scenes featurettes (including The Journey Begins, Genesis of the Bat, Path to Discovery, Shaping Mind and Body, Gotham City Rises, Cape and Cowl, The Tumbler, Saving Gotham City, Reflections on Writing and Digital Batman)
the film's teaser and theatrical trailers and at least a few Easter eggs.

Most of this information appears to be confirmed by a quick search of the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) website. The BBFC reviews film and DVD content in advance of release and issues ratings (much like the MPAA does in the U.S. for theatrical films).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks