What's new

THE GOLDEN GIRLS: Season Three in NOVEMBER 2005! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Rue McClanahan, who played Blanche Deveroux on The Golden Girls revealed via ET Online tonight that Season Three of the hit show would be released in November 2005! Looks like Buena Vista may be sticking to a two seasons per year strategy with releases in May and November. Looking forward to it!

Andy

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

Me also. According to Rue, there's going to Rue there is going to be a DVD signing with Rue, Betty, and Bea in New York when Season Three is released. I'm so there!

Andy

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

aw man that would be so cool to go to.
too bad i live in arizona and will be in school then :frowning:

you should tell them to be make extra features for the set or to be on them

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't forget, too, that "The Golden Palace" will run on Lifetime beginning on August 1 at 6:30 p.m.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

I'll be starting my first year of University in September, but that sure isn't going to stop me from going to the NY DVD signing with the girls!

Andy

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, here's hoping we still get uncut episodes with no music replacements, and some extras that don't take cheap shots at the show or its fans.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
This is now up for pre-order on Amazon.com with a release date of November 22nd. I guess the DVD signing should be after this time. Hopefully before my exams start! I kinda have to be there for those! haha

Andy

DavidBC

Second Unit
This show cannot come out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. Disney should "Star Trek" this series and crank them all out in a year. That would please me immessurably!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
TVShowsonDVD.com just posted the Press Release for Season Three. Notice how it says "Dolby Digital Stereo Sound." Could we FINALLY be getting these episodes in their true Stereo Sound? Also, please note the pathetic bonus features listed. I don't understand why Buena Vista gets Rue, Betty and Bea to promote the discs, but then doesn't include them in any bonus material.

Andy

--

Golden Girls, The - Studio's Press Release Provides Season 3's Complete Details
Posted by David Lambert
7/31/2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE FAVORITE EMMY-AWARD WINNING COMEDY

THE GOLDEN GIRLS Season Three
New On DVD November 22

BURBANK, Calif., July 29, 2005 - Reunite with this classic, young-at-heart female foursome! Buena Vista Home Entertainment presents THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON THREE, a new collectible DVD box set, available on November 22. Your favorite smart and sassy Emmy-award winning women return for another helping of laughter, misadventures and cheesecake in the third season of one of TV's most highly acclaimed sitcoms. Dorothy (Beatrice Arthur), Sophia (Estelle Getty), Rose (Betty White) and Blanche (Rue McClanahan) are four mismatched housemates living together in Miami.

A perennial award winner, this laugh-filled season garnered three Emmys (Beatrice Arthur Outstanding Actress In A Comedy Series, Estelle Getty Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series, Outstanding Technical Direction, 1988) and a Golden Globe award (Best TV Series Comedy/Musical 1988). THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 3 features all 25 episodes from this unforgettable season. Included is the original and unedited "Golden Moments" episode where the girls reminisce about their times together, plus hilarious bonus features that will have you laughing for hours. Available for $39.99 (S.R.P.).

DVD Bonus Materials:

Golden Moments - a montage of humorous moments from Season Three
The Golden Girls Scrapbook - a collection of hilarious clips from each "Golden Girl"

STREET DATE: November 22, 2005
Suggested retail price: $39.99 (3-disc DVD)
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
DVD Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo Sound
DVD Language: English audio

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Now they're counting episodes of the series as extras? Is the DVD department made up of St. Olaf natives or something?

Brent_B

Agent
Buena Vista deserves a lot of credit for giving us complete uncut episodes of The Golden Girls. After having watched what Lifetime has done to the episodes they air, its a godsend to see these as they were originally intended, with scenes intact, not cut out.

True they could have included more in the way of extras, but I'd rather have the uncut episodes any day. Kudos, Buena Vista!:D

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Newsflash:

Golden Palace returns to Lifetime on December 14th. Not sure if this is just another brief return or more permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks