-

Photo
- - - - -

Garfield Prime Tiem Specials

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 02:03 PM

I read the update on www.TVShowsOnDVD.com but was unsure of one aspect and wanted to ask Dave or Gord whether this "packaging" will simply be some sort of promotional price reduction (slap a cardboard band around the cases and mark down the tag) or if the current discs will actually be reissued in a physical box set?

If it's the latter... Posted Image

I hate when studios do that!!

Universal did it with their Dr. Seuss Animated Classics forcing me to rebuy every single title after a full year of owning them because I'm such an eccentric obsessive compulsive!

Anyways, hope one of you could clarify.

Thanks!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 09:14 AM

Guys?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 03:01 PM

I think it will be a physical box containing the three previously released discs. I don't expect the box to be all that spectacular though... just something simple to entice folks for the holidays.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Dale_

Dale_

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 05:28 AM

How many people remember Garfield's first animated appearance anywhere ever? A 1980 prime-time special called "The Fantastic Funnies"?

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 12:18 PM

How many people remember Garfield's first animated appearance anywhere ever? A 1980 prime-time special called "The Fantastic Funnies"?

I've never heard of that (And apparently neither has the IMDB.) I was able to find this page about it though.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 07:33 AM

It doesn't make sense for them to release this without the HOLIDAY disc, especially if they are releasing this set for the Holiday's.

I already have all the single releases. If this had included all of the discs with a special box, that would have been cool to try and get.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 10:51 AM

I have to say when I heard about this set it ticked me off. I have gotten all of the specials already and I HATE it when they re-release things even if it is just to add a box around them. I am a completist and that irks me. I won't be buying this set. Although I guess it would be worse if they added new bonus features.

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 12:59 PM

I'm with you Josh, but I have to say that I am kind of happy that the Holidays disc isnt be included in this upcoming set because it gives me even more reason to not pick it up. If all the ingle disc cases had been nicely packaged in a convenient box with fitting artwork, I probably would have double-dipped - and NOT been happy about it! Just because I'm a bitter selfish bastard when it comes to purchasing DVD's the way that I want them, I hope this is the cheapest, ugliest box Fox has ever seen! Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:37 AM

Quote:
I probably would have double-dipped - and NOT been happy about it! Just because I'm a bitter selfish bastard when it comes to purchasing DVD's the way that I want them, I hope this is the cheapest, ugliest box Fox has ever seen!

ROFLMAO!Posted Image