What's new

The greatest and most unusual movie WEAPONS. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hey everyone, I thought that this would be fun, to list some of your all time favorite film weapons. :emoji_thumbsup:

It could be anything, one wielded by the villian or, of course, the hero, and one's that you would just plain love to own yourself! ;)

Also, if you know that is, please list the name of the film of origin so that one may check out the weapon in question.

So many to choose from, but here's mine...

Robocop's gun from Robocop, just because it's so badass! I have a replica of it BTW on my wall.

The twin knife gauntlet used by the Predator in Predator, you never know when you'll need it. ;)

The plasma caster cannon worn and used by the Predator in Predator. Should come in handy for shooting mice and/or rats in the house.

Ol' Painless, the ultimate man gun used by Jesse Ventura in Predator.

The flying sphere's of death used with lethal precision by The Tall Man in the Phantasm series. They also make great Christmas tree ornaments. :D

Freddy Kruger's glove. No further explanation is needed I don't think. I have a plastic one that I bought a few Halloween's ago and modified myself to look like steel. :emoji_thumbsup:

Uma Thurman's Hattori Hanzo sword from the Kill Bill films. Just looking at it makes me bleed! :eek:

The robotic APU's from The Matrix Revolutions. I'd love to have one of those in case my neighbors give me any crap about playing my home theater too loudly. ;)

The Lightsaber from the Star Wars saga. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

The chair, computer monitor and a bunch of C-4 explosives. It made the Nakatomi building go BOOM real good in Die Hard. :)

I guess that's it for now, I now leave it to you guys and gals. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Inigo Montoya's sword

Hellboy's gun (it actually has a name but I can't recall it right now)

Odd Job's hat

The Slim Pickens record from Mars Attacks!

Dustin Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
Kind of a broad topic but what the hell...

The Proton Packs from Ghostbusters. Not only really cool, but also really inventive. Just a great concept.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Easy choice...the weapon that haunted my dreams as a wee lad.

The Smart Gun from Aliens.

100% badass.

There was some awful cheesy film called The Sword and the Sorceror (starring Lee Horsley)...I remember some pimpass sword that could shoot blades off. Very stupid. Loved it.

And of course...Excalibur from the film of the same name.

Cool stuff,
Chuck

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Ok, I fess up: one of the many James Bond cars, ideal for dealing with dangerous drivers who come up fast behind, tailgate, then swoop around. One could cut their tires, spread oil behind, laser their car in half, etc.

Actually lots of the Bonds have creative uses of various implements... sliding glass doors, space and sea crafts that swallow spaceships and submarines, powered swooping paragliders, Thumper....

Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye... (this could get lengthy)

A 50 foot tall woman in...Attack of the 50 ft Woman...

The woman in Liquid Sky...

How about the bones and pods in 2001....

The thought-weapons in Dune, followed by just the voice and a thought....

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Oh...the Lotus Espirit from The Spy Who Loved Me. I would LOVE to have an underwater car.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Mad Max's Sawed off shotgun not to mention Wez's wrist Cross-bow.

As a kid I always loved Richard Widmarks (Jim Bowie)Rifle in the Alamo.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
The Punisher's switchblade.

Stephen Dorff's automatic shotguns from City of Industry

The Cobra Assault Cannon, Robocop's "state of the art Bang-Bang". (In reality a .50 caliber Barrett rifle with a square scope. 20 years later still the most bad-assed non-automatic rifle available).

Starship Troopers' "PooGina" brain sucker

Clancy Brown's Snap*Tight sword from Highlander

The bladed tonfa from Hellboy

Klingon d'k tahg knife (aka. The bird of prey) Star Trek 3: the Search for Spock and later movies & TV shows.

Hmmm...... I seem to have a fascination with bladed weapons.

Craig_O

Agent
The mind as a weapon from Scanners. Nothing beats being able to make someones head explode with you own mind.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Most unusual weapon (and one of the scariest, speaking as a woman)...the one wielded by Anthony Perkins in "Crimes Of Passion"

Yikes.

'Nuff said.

Personal favorites: Ash's chainsaw and boomstick. :D

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Conan's sword from Conan the Barbarian (I've always liked how it has a place to grip it beyond the hilt)

The Blasters from Star Wars (okay, the scopes are off enough that it's hard to hit the broadside of a barn with one, but the sound they make is :emoji_thumbsup: )

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not very original, but simple, effective and just badass, a favorite:

The Minigun from Terminator 2 & 3.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks