Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

4seating.com , anybody have seats from them?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark.D

Mark.D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 19 2005 - 11:22 AM

Do any of you have experience with http://www.4seating.com?

I'm looking to get a single row of 4 like this:

Posted Image

Only mine will be this color scheme:

Posted Image

These are the "Nemesis" seats... black leather with stone/taupe suede-micro fiber.

$3299 + $250 shipping... not bad eh? I think these seats are pretty trick... any experience with these guys? I know you get what you pay for, but $800 bucks a seat is pretty darn good... a lot better than $2000 per Berkline seats! AND these seats come with Bass Shakers for free!

M.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   DaveHo

DaveHo

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 03:00 AM

If you do a search on the AVS forum, you'll find they do not have a very good reputation. You'll also find if you search over there that you can get Berklines for way less than what you quoted.

-Dave

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark.D

Mark.D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 04:20 AM

Thanks Dave, what is the AVS forum? On this board?

Mark

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   DaveHo

DaveHo

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 04:35 AM

Main Link - AVS Forum

Room Items Forum - Specific Forum

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 10:42 AM

I just bought two of these from ashley furniture. They are real leather, and they are very soft. At $370 each they are hard to beat. They are available in other colors also.
Posted Image
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark.D

Mark.D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for the links,

They have a power buy going on right now... have you seen this?

Posted Image

Two rows of 3 seats for $1575 + 455 shipping.... basically about 2 grand... that saves me $1200 bucks over the Nemesis from 4seating... but no bass shakers... I can use the $1200 for that.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark.D

Mark.D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 03:34 AM

CRAP, the powerbuy ends July 28th! Gotta move fast!

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted July 21 2005 - 08:38 AM

Mark:

Check out Elite Home Theater Seating that is a sponsor of this site. They make high some of the best chairs out there. I am not sure of their prices but if you give them a call and tell them what you are looking for they will be able to fix you up. Also, tell them that you are a member here on the forum and they might cut you a break.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Kevin:G

Kevin:G

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 02:29 PM

I just bought 6 Leather theater seats from 4-Seating via ebay. ~$1900 (including shipping)for the lot including 6 Aura Bass Shakers. Aside from slow communication the seats are great and delivery was just under 2 weeks. Couldn't find anything comparable locally. Posted Image

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Steve Lumbert

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 03:02 PM

I can second Elite Home Theater Seating. I shopped around for months before pulling the trigger on them. Nothing comes close to them in regards to quality, value and customer service.

I have a 2 seat wedge configuration of the seats shown below in 100% black leather with motorized recline for the same money I would have spent for 2 at Lazy Boy that had that synthetic suede material and no motorized recline.

Posted Image

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Shane_M

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 232 posts

Posted August 09 2005 - 12:02 PM

Those look so much better than the cheap loveseat and pull-out sofa I currently have in my room. I ate up all my budget completely refinishing the room. Now, I have to wait to pick up some chairs, but man o man those are sweet.
Shane
EyeCraveDVD.com (Owner | Editor-In-Chief)
My Blog

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted August 10 2005 - 06:39 AM

Why does everyone think they need "theatre" seats? I bought 2 Lane all-leather recliners(1 year old) for 250 dollars each in perfect condition. Just look in the paper for deals on used furniture. You'll save a lot of money.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Foster_G

Foster_G

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted August 10 2005 - 10:30 AM

I'll second Keith's recommendation. I've got some leather sofas myself. However, if you still want a theatre seat, I found that Bestbuy carries Berklines at 999 per chair section. Basically, you build the row from the secitions you choose. I was just at BestBuy yesterday and had never seen them there before and thought it wasn't a bad idea. I still won't give up my sofas though(got two sofas for the same amount of one Berkline).
I think, therefore I am. If only I could remember where I put my keys.