What's new

AMERICAN GOTHIC due in October! (2 Viewers)

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news ! One of my all time favorite series ! Oct.25th is a smart date as they can play off Halloween sales.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
YES! I can't wait to get this. Both Profit & American Gothic in one year, this is good karma.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to this, I downloaded some episodes started watching. Then my computer got infected so i had to reinstall. Oct 25 is looking expenisive for me American Gothic, and Point Pleasant fitting for this two to be out near Halloween, plus season 4 of Alias.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I am so excited!!! It seems there are very few releases that interest me these days, but this is one I have hoped for and now look forward to. Can't wait to see this show again.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Right the fuck on. [insert triumphant maniacal laugh here] Finally!!!
I've wanted this on DVD more than any other favorite live-action series, especially 'cause I thought that the longer they waited to release something the worse its chances would be. That it'd fade into obscurity, despite having what seems like a decent-sized cult fanbase. I think this was my first big love as far as live action dramas went. It premiered when I was 11, around the same time as The X-Files, but it was before later loves like La Femme Nikita, Buffy/Angel, Firefly, and the miracle of HBO. I've wanted to own this since I became aware of TV on DVD.

*bounces around the room a bit*

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator
Weren't some of the episodes cut for repeat broadcast, following complaints? I seem to recall something about this - either that or countries outside the US were offered "stronger", director-preferred versions of some episodes.

I wonder which versions will be included in this release...?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given the recent history of most TV on DVD, they'll probably be the edited, sanitized episodes.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator

Given the fact that it's coming from Universal, I imagine at the very least we'll get zero bonus features + music replacement. My heart sank when I saw their name in the tvshowsondvd.com announcement, I'd forgotten it was their show.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
If anyone has the time, what is the premise of the show and is it a good blind buy?

Thanks

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
Well if Universal is releasing it, then I am going to not bother get the R1 version.

Chances are they will not only be those duel sided dvds, they probably will have playback problems as well.

I think I will wait for the R2 or R4 release.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter

And when are those releases due?

Honestly, I'd rather have the edited versions than none at all. Of course, shame on Universal if they do go that route. Shame!

Martin.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Doug, the show has a very eerie feel to it. Cole is chilling as Lucas, and the kid is really awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks