What's new

FS: DBX Soundfield V 5 Floorstanding Speakers (1 Viewer)

Brian_

Grip
Real Name
Brian
PRICE REDUCED $50

I have a gently used pair of DBX Soundfield V 5 speakers, these are in very good, almost mint condition.

Those who don't know DBX have missed out in my mind. These are a huge pair of speakers from about 1990, which cost at least $400 for the pair, some places charged between $500-600, still a good deal if that was what you were looking for.

These are a true 5 way speaker that can be bi-amped, or even tri-amped. 15" woofer front facing, 8" midrange & ultra-slot tweeter are angled up slightly, and a 4" midrange and 2" tweeter facing straight up. Sound reflects off the walls like a good floor-standing Bose speaker, except 3 times louder.

These are very large and kind of heavy, about 50 lbs each. I am asking $150 for the pair, plus shipping, local pickup is recommended, but it's up to you. I live near Flint, MI.

As I said, these are almost mint, speakers are all in great condition, no rotten foam, dented or ripped cones, etc. 1 small chip in 1 of the cabinets that you can't see when you have the grilles on. Please contact me if you are interested or if you want to see pictures, I have about 10 pics, 1 of the small chip too

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading a review of these in Stereo Review magazine. Truly unique and interesting speakers. I wish I had room for 'em. With all that reflected sound, I bet they'd make a good pair of full range surround speakers in a larger system.

Brian_

Grip
Real Name
Brian
they would make for great speakers in any system, as long as you have the room for them. these really do sound very nice, mainly because they are so big and have so many speakers in them, good crossovers too from what i hear. however, i have a 9 month old who is probably going to ruin them soon, so they have got to go. so i am hoping to replace them with some b&w bookshelfs, we'll see.

kdog1051142

Auditioning
Real Name
kenneth lauffer
interested in your speakers,had a pair in the 90,s call me later today 909=545-7545 nane is ken.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ken,

Welcome to the forum!

Did you notice that this thread is almost 6 years old already?

Chances are that you won't get a reply for that reason alone.

Good luck anyway!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks