-

Photo

Bette Davis' - The Nanny (1965) ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 10:22 PM

How come this hasn't been released to DVD yet and are there any plans to do so in the near future?

I would have thought this would definitely be available, but apparently not...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,649 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 15 2005 - 10:37 PM

How come this hasn't been released to DVD yet and are there any plans to do so in the near future?

Why are you asking a question that none of us can really answer for sure about why it hasn't been released on dvd? Once other HTF members told you the name of this title, you would've been better off starting a thread in studio feedback to request this title. It's a Hammer production that Fox released before, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Fox has the dvd rights. Anyhow, to answer your question, I don't know and I haven't heard a thing about a dvd release.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,453 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted July 15 2005 - 10:52 PM

It's been released by Warners in the UK, bizarrely on a double bill with The Blue Lamp.
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
Why are you asking a question that none of us can really answer for sure about why it hasn't been released on dvd?

Why are you getting so defensive about my asking and how am I supposed to know that nobody can answer it?

There are more often than not many valid reasons for a studio not to release a title due to facotrs regarding the people involved in the production, licensing rights and distribution, available source prints and other outside elements which might impact on whether or not a DVD gets released.

I would have though that a fairly popular title with a big name star such as this would have been a given, but apparently not, hence my asking...

Here's the second part of the question:

Quote:
are there any plans to do so in the near future?

Maybe I missed some inside details; I didn't bring anything up with the search engine, so it seemed like a valid post/question that someone might have been able to answer...

Anyways, thanks.. I suppose.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 12:19 AM

Anchor Bay is bringing out THE ANNIVERSARY--another Bette Davis-Hammer project from the Sixties--later in 2005 so I would suspect that THE NANNY will also come from AB. If you like THE NANNY, you might want to check out BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING--both are based on novels by Evelyn Piper.
Charles Hoyt

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig

Second Unit

• 439 posts
  • LocationWeehawken, NJ

Posted July 16 2005 - 12:22 AM

Thanks, Marco, for bringing up the title. I have to admit it got my hopes up to see it mentioned on the forum - I thought it might be on its way. And maybe it will be ("Hush ... Hush, Sweet Charlotte" is coming soon from Fox, after all).

Forum Nav Content I Follow