-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official THE WEDDING CRASHERS Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,179 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 15 2005 - 12:46 AM

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this film. It looks hilarious and is getting pretty good reviews at www.rottentomatoes.com

I particularly like the fact that it is apparently a very raunchy comedy, which have been few and faw between lately.

So...any good?
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#2 of 26 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 03:46 AM

I was surprised to hear "Rated R" in one of the commercials for it a few days ago. Seeing as it's the only fun R rated summer movie out so far, I'll definitely be seeing it sometime this weekend, regardless of what the reviews say.

#3 of 26 David Levy

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 03:51 AM

It's very very funny indeed. I saw this last night.

#4 of 26 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,322 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 15 2005 - 04:31 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Wedding Crashers" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Wedding Crashers" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 26 Bobby*K

Bobby*K

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 03:34 PM

This movie is absolutely hilarious. The R rating makes it somewhat refreshing to see. If you like Vince Vaughn's humor then you will for sure like this movie. He is being himself throughout the entire thing which was great to see. Owen Wilson was a perfect fit for his part, I just truly enjoyed this humor.

#6 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,650 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 03:58 PM

Jeremy (Vaughn) being tied down and harrassed by the brother had me howling. The touch football tackles also cracked me up. Bradley Cooper was pretty funny in his role as the amped up boyfriend for Clare (Rachel McAdams).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 26 Jason Adams

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 08:48 AM

Was it just me, or did they completely forget about Jane Seymour's character after she got felt up?

But, this movie is HILARIOUS! I was expecting a decent comedy, but this was fantastic. Vince Vaughn said so many funny things at once, it must be watched again to caught all the funny stuff. That was one crazy family...especially the grandmother.

And the Will Farrell cameo was class.

#8 of 26 ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 03:35 PM

This is one hilarious movie. As good as Jackie Chan and Ben Stiller are with Owen Wilson, I dare say Vince Vaughn is even better with him. The way they bounced dialogue off of each other was fantastic.

For a R-rated comedy, I'm surprised there wasn't more T&A, although the language, especially from the horny grandmother, more than made up for it.

Rachel McAdams was awesome. She lights up the screen and commands the camera like few women do on the big screen. Absolutely gorgeous woman. Posted Image

Will Ferrel was funny as usual and did anyone catch who his mother was? None other than Kathyrn Joosten, a.k.a Dolores Landingham from The West Wing.

I can't wait to see this again. I told all my friends last night to see it.

#9 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,650 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 03:56 PM

Joosten is all over the TV landscape (Joan of Arcaida, and Desperate Housewives in recurring roles this past season, and numerous guest-starring roles too).

I'd rather have seen Rachel McAdams as Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman movie, she would have been great as Lois.

#10 of 26 ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 04:19 PM

I didn't expect such beautiful photography from a movie like this (not the nude scenes, although I'm not complaining about those Posted Image). One example would be the beach scene with Claire and John. My new actress crush: Rachel McAdams.

#11 of 26 Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter

• 1,424 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 06:39 PM

Don't give Vince Vaughn anymore straight roles in comedies, like in Dodgeball; just let him go off and there must be an entertaining movie. He was hilarious and a force of nature in some of the scenes here. The way he delivered his line about hunting to the jerk boyfriend had me rolling.

#12 of 26 NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 05:44 AM

Rachal McAdams is sooooo damn cute... Posted Image

haha:
Vince Vaughn holding a small peice of tissue: "does anybody know what this is for?"
Random Kid: "rolling a fatty??"
Posted Image

#13 of 26 Felipe S

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted July 21 2005 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
For a R-rated comedy, I'm surprised there wasn't more T&A

I thought there was plenty... and I'm pretty sure we'll have more when the Unrated DVD comes out.

Rachel McAdams is cute as hell, no doubt about it.

I would've hoped for Chris Walken to be more 'quirky', he was just a straight normal dad.

Jane Seymour's character was kinda pointless.

I dont know why but the kid asking for the balloon was hilarious.

Dinner table scene had everyone rolling on the floor.

and Vince Vaughan steals the show every second of film he's in.

#14 of 26 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,075 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 21 2005 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
I would've hoped for Chris Walken to be more 'quirky', he was just a straight normal dad.
I found that to be a plus to me; Walken is quirky in every role, it's fascinating to see him be normal bordering on warm. A great example of how the film plays on our expectations.

Fun time, good to see a rom-com with some bite to it.

#15 of 26 Paul Seyfarth

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 01:12 PM

I totally loved this movie and have to see it again. I wasn't too sure what to expect, and I didn't know who all was in the movie as they only advertised the main 2. I know I will be buying it on dvd when it comes out for sure. It's been a while since I saw a movie I liked that much and was that funny.

I was trying to figure out where I had seen Rachel McAdams before through the entire movie. She was cute as hell

#16 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,650 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 02:51 PM

Rachel was in "Mean Girls" as the mean blonde girl, as well as in "The Notebook".

Her next film to be released will be "Redeye", co-starring Cillian Murphy (Scarescrow in "Batman Begins")

#17 of 26 Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 03:07 PM

Rachel McAdams looks a lot like Kate Beckinsale to me. At least she does as a brunette.

Enjoyed Wedding Crashers quite a bit. Couldn't figure out how they would end it, thought they did a pretty good job.

#18 of 26 Al_S

Al_S

Second Unit

• 452 posts

Posted July 28 2005 - 05:12 AM

This movie is hilarious. Vince Vaughn is great but I don't know why Owen Wilson is in here. He is a really bad actor in my opinion. Rachel McAdams looks really different in a good way.

#19 of 26 MichelleB

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 04:55 AM

What an halarious movie. I went to see it last night with a couple of friends and we could not stop laughing, even after the movie was over! So much that I had a cramp. Especially that scene at the table...
I'm a huge fan of Vince Vaughn but especially Owen Wilson, I love everything they both do!

Shows I Want on to see on DVD:
- Who's the Boss? Seasons 2-8
- Law & Order: SVU Season 9
- The Nanny Seasons 4-6
- Taxi Seasons 4-5

#20 of 26 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 31 2005 - 03:36 PM

That was one crazy family...especially the grandmother.
Ellen Albertini Dow rules! Posted Image

Very funny film. Thankfully I hadn't heard about the Will Ferrell cameo or I probably would have skipped the film (can't stand the man).

Rachel McAdams looks a lot like Kate Beckinsale to me.
Me too. I kept thinking "it looks like her, but she's not in this movie."

And for some reason, I thought Henry Gibson had died awhile ago. :b
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

Forum Nav Content I Follow