Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone else having playback problems with Netflix discs?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 07:41 AM

Is anyone else getting more damaged or unplayable DVDs from Netflix lately? I've been with them since 2000, & until a few months ago only had 1 or 2 unplayable discs. Lately I've gotten several. I'm not talking about obviously cracked or broken discs, but ones that look fine but have playback problems. Some won't play at all, & some will play to a certain point, then stop. Dodgeball would only play the first half hour or so. I sent it back for a replacement, & the 2nd copy was just as bad. Yesterday I had a Buffy disc that would only play the first 2 episodes. I could list several more examples. I don't think the problem is with my player, which is fairly new and not a cheap model (Toshiba HD recorder / DVD recorder). I don't have playback problems with the discs I own, many of which I buy used. My player actually puts a message on the screen saying "Check the disc- it may be damaged or dirty." I try cleaning these discs- sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if Netflix is keeping discs in circulation longer than they used to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users