Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rope Lighting in ceiling moulding question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 01:48 AM

For those that haved put rope lighting in their ceiling moulding - Did you run it in the moulding section above your screen/TV as well, or is that distracting when it's on?

Thanks. Bill

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David Noll

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 04:35 AM

Bill,

I did not run it above my screen. I have a curved ceiling soffit above screen and had a hard time finding flexible molding to match the straight molding at the sides and rear of theater. I do have rope lights along the sides of my screen but they are far enough away and behind pillars so they are not distracting. See my link below for some pictures.

David

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Bill Fletcher

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted July 19 2005 - 02:22 AM

Thanks David. Love your theater pictures. Mine will look very similar to yours. I don't have the soffit though. Do you think I will have a problem bending the rope lighting around the columns?

Thanks. Bill

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   David Noll

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 04:40 AM

I have no problem with 90 degree bends in my theater. I did not fasten my rope to anything. Columns shouldn't pose a problem. You could use the U-shape fasteners that come with rope to keep it straight when going around columns.

David

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted July 22 2005 - 07:15 AM

I have rope lights and I actually angled my moldings in such a way that the rope light could lay behing it. Looks pretty good if I don't say so myself - LOL!