What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4 (2 Viewers)

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
The 8th season of Stargate SG-1 comes out on DVD on October 4th. I have posted a small picture of the box art (I hope to have better art from MGM/Sony soon) plus some release info for France and Australia as well:

story link

As a reminder, season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis begin this Friday on the Sci Fi Channel. :D

John*D

Second Unit
The "Threads" episode is NOT the full 90 minute version that aired during it's original broadbast, but the edited version that was intended to air for reruns/syndication...

Without commercials the episode should run about ~60 minutes, where as a regular hour long episode runs at about ~43 minutes.

I've emailed MGM/SONY and complained. I suggest everyone who is getting this set to do the same!

Contact the studios:

MGM: MGM's email address is invalid, it sends a auto-reply saying to contact Sony.
Sony: [email protected]

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What? You know, they should replace the DVD that the episode came on with the correct 90 minute episode then. That's a whopping 30 minutes of footage cut from the episode. How could they get away with this this when we have spent over $400 on the series and they edit the episode that drastically?

That's like the surgeon telling you that they removed your appendix and also removed one your livers at no extra cost.

Itr's horrifying, Adam M to even think about this horrible nightmare.:angry:

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Best Buy today and they were sold out.
The guy checked and they had only recieved a couple and were getting no more in.
He also checked other stores in the region, but most of them were sold out also.

Wow!

So I ordered it on their site.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
To be quite honest, I'm not at all sad. The longer version of the episode SHOULD have been edited down. It lacked a tight story and at least among the Stargate sites I frequented at the time it aired was considered the biggest let down of the season.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

Um, you only have one liver, and it is a pretty important organ, it has the word "live" in it. ;)

Anyway I want to get this set but I did not see it at costco, and bestbuy was like $50

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, their site, BestBuy.com has it at $39.99 and you can get that price honored at their regular stores as well ...

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
I heard threads was ninety minutes with commercials. Without the adds it is 60 mins as opposed to the usual 42 minute ep.

John*D

Second Unit

As I previously posted, Threads when originally aired on TV with commercials was 90 minutes. Without commercials it's around 60 minutes. So the edited version (~43 mintues) is about 17 minutes shorter.

The people who produce SG-1 made 2 different cuts of this episode. One that would run 90 minutes (with commercials) and one that would run the regular 60 minutes (with commercials). The edited version was intended for reruns and syndication.

If I remember correctly, at one point SCIFI was only going to air the edited version but, I believe people behind the show stepped in to get the full version to air.

:star: My guess as to how to fix this problem, is for MGM/SONY to do what was done with the missing stills gallery from season 5. For that situation they sent a individual DVD with the stills gallery out to those who asked.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex

only if you were in the continental US. they never (as far as i can tell) sent them to those of us in Canada who inquired about them. in fact, i never heard _anything_ back from them at all. quite disappointing. :frowning:

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
SteveVM-
The local BestBuy in Syracuse was also sold out of SG-1 Season 8. The guy said that they only got a few copies and they sold out very quickly. One of the other employees said that if I found it anywhere else at a lower price than what they sell it at, they (BestBuy) would honor the difference.
Since I'm going out of town this weekend, I may stop by another BB or merely order it on-line.
:frowning:
I was really looking forward to it too...
But I did get Cinderella so the trip wasn't a total waste:)

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Well I cancelled my order with bestbuy.com because it was almost $4 cheaper at Sam's Club

Just an FYI

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I too have my Season Five stills gallery disc. Alex, perhaps you should try again. I never received a reply but two weeks after I contacted MGM via email, I received a letter containing the disc. I think it was excellent customer service and MGM handled it well.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I called my contact at MGM and left him a message, so hopefully I'll have an answer about "Threads" in a day or two.

Gord

Bruce M H

Auditioning
You can't get the season 5 stills anymore it was a limited time thing, I tried about six months after they started it and they said they were no longer offering them. I hope they offer a replacement disc for this.

B.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I am VERY ANGRY that MGM/Sony pulled this regarding the episode THREADS.

I too sent an email to both addresses above. If anyone finds out that they are offering a replacement, please post the information here.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

Good thinking. I'm anxious to see what they will say about this... I haven't seen any of Season 8 yet, so of course I want to see the 'full' episode!

John*D

Second Unit
NEWS:

MGM is going to do an exhange for the FULL-LENGTH version of Threads. They'll be providing details soon.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4261

- If you have to trade in the ~43 minute version for the ~60 minute version then that kind of stinks. I would prefer to have BOTH! Although having the FULL version is what I want!

They should just mail everyone a DVD with the full version! Guess we'll have to wait and see about the specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks