Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#1 of 127 OFFLINE   Adam*M

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted July 13 2005 - 05:36 PM

The 8th season of Stargate SG-1 comes out on DVD on October 4th. I have posted a small picture of the box art (I hope to have better art from MGM/Sony soon) plus some release info for France and Australia as well:

story link

As a reminder, season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis begin this Friday on the Sci Fi Channel. Posted Image

#2 of 127 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 03:35 AM

Finally. It's been soo long I've forgotten most of S7.

#3 of 127 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 04:51 AM

Thanks Adam, hoepfully Atlantis:S1 will get a release date soon too...

#4 of 127 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 05:54 AM

The "Threads" episode is NOT the full 90 minute version that aired during it's original broadbast, but the edited version that was intended to air for reruns/syndication...

Without commercials the episode should run about ~60 minutes, where as a regular hour long episode runs at about ~43 minutes.

I've emailed MGM/SONY and complained. I suggest everyone who is getting this set to do the same!

Contact the studios:

MGM: MGM's email address is invalid, it sends a auto-reply saying to contact Sony.
Sony: sphe_customer_service@spe.sony.com

#5 of 127 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 06:40 AM

What? You know, they should replace the DVD that the episode came on with the correct 90 minute episode then. That's a whopping 30 minutes of footage cut from the episode. How could they get away with this this when we have spent over $400 on the series and they edit the episode that drastically?

That's like the surgeon telling you that they removed your appendix and also removed one your livers at no extra cost.

Itr's horrifying, Adam M to even think about this horrible nightmare.Posted Image

#6 of 127 OFFLINE   SteveVM

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 07:04 AM

Went to Best Buy today and they were sold out.
The guy checked and they had only recieved a couple and were getting no more in.
He also checked other stores in the region, but most of them were sold out also.

Wow!

So I ordered it on their site.

#7 of 127 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 08:21 AM

To be quite honest, I'm not at all sad. The longer version of the episode SHOULD have been edited down. It lacked a tight story and at least among the Stargate sites I frequented at the time it aired was considered the biggest let down of the season.

#8 of 127 OFFLINE   Randy B A

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

• 785 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 08:33 AM

That's like the surgeon telling you that they removed your appendix and also removed one your livers at no extra cost.

Um, you only have one liver, and it is a pretty important organ, it has the word "live" in it. Posted Image

Anyway I want to get this set but I did not see it at costco, and bestbuy was like $50

#9 of 127 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 09:36 AM

Actually, their site, BestBuy.com has it at $39.99 and you can get that price honored at their regular stores as well ...

#10 of 127 OFFLINE   david_hu

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 11:27 AM

I heard threads was ninety minutes with commercials. Without the adds it is 60 mins as opposed to the usual 42 minute ep.

#11 of 127 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
I heard threads was ninety minutes with commercials. Without the adds it is 60 mins as opposed to the usual 42 minute ep.

I already mentioned that in my post.

Quote:
What? You know, they should replace the DVD that the episode came on with the correct 90 minute episode then. That's a whopping 30 minutes of footage cut from the episode. How could they get away with this this when we have spent over $400 on the series and they edit the episode that drastically?

As I previously posted, Threads when originally aired on TV with commercials was 90 minutes. Without commercials it's around 60 minutes. So the edited version (~43 mintues) is about 17 minutes shorter.

The people who produce SG-1 made 2 different cuts of this episode. One that would run 90 minutes (with commercials) and one that would run the regular 60 minutes (with commercials). The edited version was intended for reruns and syndication.

If I remember correctly, at one point SCIFI was only going to air the edited version but, I believe people behind the show stepped in to get the full version to air.

Posted Image My guess as to how to fix this problem, is for MGM/SONY to do what was done with the missing stills gallery from season 5. For that situation they sent a individual DVD with the stills gallery out to those who asked.

#12 of 127 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
My guess as to how to fix this problem, is for MGM/SONY to do what was done with the missing stills gallery from season 5. For that situation they sent a individual DVD with the stills gallery out to those who asked.

only if you were in the continental US. they never (as far as i can tell) sent them to those of us in Canada who inquired about them. in fact, i never heard _anything_ back from them at all. quite disappointing. Posted Image

#13 of 127 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
they never (as far as i can tell) sent them to those of us in Canada who inquired about them.

I inquired about the stills just like everyone else who wanted them....and got the disc without any problems. If I remember correctly, I submitted the inquiry through their website.

As for the shortened episode.....I hope MGM does rectify this in a similar manner.
Recently watched- Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#14 of 127 OFFLINE   Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 02:27 PM

SteveVM-
The local BestBuy in Syracuse was also sold out of SG-1 Season 8. The guy said that they only got a few copies and they sold out very quickly. One of the other employees said that if I found it anywhere else at a lower price than what they sell it at, they (BestBuy) would honor the difference.
Since I'm going out of town this weekend, I may stop by another BB or merely order it on-line.
Posted Image
I was really looking forward to it too...
But I did get Cinderella so the trip wasn't a total wastePosted Image

#15 of 127 OFFLINE   SteveVM

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 03:47 PM

Well I cancelled my order with bestbuy.com because it was almost $4 cheaper at Sam's Club

Just an FYI

#16 of 127 OFFLINE   Marko Berg

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

• 856 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 11:53 PM

I too have my Season Five stills gallery disc. Alex, perhaps you should try again. I never received a reply but two weeks after I contacted MGM via email, I received a letter containing the disc. I think it was excellent customer service and MGM handled it well.

#17 of 127 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 01:57 AM

I called my contact at MGM and left him a message, so hopefully I'll have an answer about "Threads" in a day or two.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#18 of 127 OFFLINE   Bruce M H

Bruce M H

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 04:16 AM

You can't get the season 5 stills anymore it was a limited time thing, I tried about six months after they started it and they said they were no longer offering them. I hope they offer a replacement disc for this.

B.

#19 of 127 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 09:18 AM

I am VERY ANGRY that MGM/Sony pulled this regarding the episode THREADS.

I too sent an email to both addresses above. If anyone finds out that they are offering a replacement, please post the information here.

#20 of 127 OFFLINE   Valerie G.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
I called my contact at MGM and left him a message, so hopefully I'll have an answer about "Threads" in a day or two.

Good thinking. I'm anxious to see what they will say about this... I haven't seen any of Season 8 yet, so of course I want to see the 'full' episode!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow