Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#121 of 129 ONLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 02:44 PM

That's "Tree For Two" and "Dr. Jerkyl's Hide". Sylvester
Junior isn't in either of these, though. Only Sylvester,
Spike, and Chester.

#122 of 129 OFFLINE   Tabetha

Tabetha

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 10:38 PM

I was looking for this post not that long ago! I wanted to share my excitement in finding Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 3 for only $21.08 (including tax)!

I was at Walmart looking over the DVDS and I saw this collection and did a double take on the price. At closer inspection I realized that the tag for that spot was for The Looney Tunes Movie Collection. But low and behold a copy of Golden Collection 3 was the only one in that spot!

I got a workers attention and pointed out the mistake and asked if I could get that for that price. After his closer inspection he rang me up himself.

I was so excited for getting it for such a great deal!

Tabbi <3

#123 of 129 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted December 01 2005 - 12:34 PM

When watching the Whoopi Goldberg thing at the beginning, remember this incident:
In 1993, [Goldberg's] then-boyfriend Ted Danson spoke in blackface at a Friars Club roast, in a bit later revealed to have been written by Goldberg. It was universally reported as having been in horrendously bad taste, and the photos of Danson in "Mammy" make-up were everywhere in the media for days. Goldberg thought it was hilarious, and still says so....
(Bold text was not originally bold; I added that for emphasis.)
A picture can be found here.

#124 of 129 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted December 01 2005 - 01:45 PM

Perhaps the fact that she took the incident with a grain of salt is a statement on why she did the introductions. She can take a joke. Posted Image
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#125 of 129 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 05:55 AM

I just ordered all three sets from Ebay For $100 plus shipping.

I don't know the name of it, but a LT I'd like to see uncut is the one where a highway is being built over Bugs' rabbit hole and I remember the evil dude packed dynamite around the hole and blew up everything BUT the hole. Is that toon on any of the boxes?

I hope ther will be a volume 4 (or more). I can think of at least a hald dozen favorites still unaccounted for (Boston Quackie, Rocket Squad, China Jones...)

#126 of 129 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,163 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 09 2005 - 07:25 AM

Quote:
I hope ther will be a volume 4 (or more).

I believe WB plans on releasing many sets. Unfortunately, due to the effort involved, they're only able to do one a year.

#127 of 129 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
I don't know the name of it, but a LT I'd like to see uncut is the one where a highway is being built over Bugs' rabbit hole and I remember the evil dude packed dynamite around the hole and blew up everything BUT the hole. Is that toon on any of the boxes?

That's NO PARKING HARE, and I'm afraid it isn't on DVD yet.

For what it's worth, that cartoon's predecessor, HOMELESS HARE, in which Bugs comes up against the same construction worker, is on Volume 3.
-Jay

#128 of 129 OFFLINE   JimWICKS

JimWICKS

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted December 10 2005 - 03:27 PM

I cannot play Volumes 2 and 3 on "shuffle mode" on my Sony DVD changer! I get an error message saying that programmed play is prohibited. I presume this is some sort of user operator prohibition. I don't get that report when playing Volume 1 in "shuffle mode" These are otherwise perfect collections in my opinion. Why wouldn't WB want us to see these shorts in random order?

#129 of 129 Guest_Chris*Liberti_*

Guest_Chris*Liberti_*

Posted December 10 2005 - 04:03 PM

When will they release Bugs Bunny Nips the Nip on DVD? I have it on Laserdisc and plan to hold on to it until they release it on DVD.

Forum Nav Content I Follow