What's new

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol 3 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm all over this one! In particular, I'm looking forward to seeing "Daffy and the Dinosaur" remastered. I've seen that on dozens of public domain VHS tapes over the years countless times. It'll be great to see how it looks all spiffed up! I have volume 1 but have yet to get the 2nd. I guess I'd better get my butt in gear. lol

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Um, is somethin' wrong with that link? Found it here!

Glad to see we'll finally get the final installment of the Bugs, Daffy, Elmer trilogy!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm interested in the disclaimer. I wonder what caused that to be added in for this volume.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
There are some cartoons with scenes usually censored on TV, consisting of suicide and blackface gags. One of the cartoons actually features Eddie "Rochester" Anderson as a guest voice as his famous Jack Benny Show chracter.

Terrific assortment of cartoons... nice to see more B&W Porky, as well as finally a Beans cartoon (Hollywood Capers) and 2-strip Technicolor cartoon (I Haven't Got a Hat).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Grrr....sometimes my "copy" doesn't work and it had something I copied previously. Thanks for pointing it out.

Gord

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Last October when they released the Tom & Jerry set, they also released Wacky Races. Has there been any word if any Hanna Barbera Classic Collection will be released on the same date?

Paul

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I like the cover! Good to see "Hillbilly Hair" as well.

Are the Bugs Bunny cartoons getting close to being done? 3 complete discs with a scattering on the others is alot of Bugs.

I'd love to see a "Warners At War!" disc on a future collection.

My guess is the "Hollywood Characatures" disc is the one to warrant a warning for. It would be nice if they had an optional subtitle track on these naming the stars/sources, as some can be obscure to some of us not fortunate to have being born 60+ years ago.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Just as a guide to which cartoon is which, I've written up brief descriptions of each cartoon.

Excellent selection -- and unlike the second set, where the Road Runner and Tweety discs were hard to watch all the way through, there's not a disc here that couldn't be watched all the way through with pleasure (well, maybe the first half of disc 2 is a little heavy on '30s Hollywood caricatures).

It's been posted on another board that the "vault" cartoons will almost probably not be the "banned" cartoons -- I guess WB is not ready to take the plunge yet -- but their marketing of the set to adults, and the lack of a crappy bare-bones kids-only set on the same day, is a good sign.

DaveK

Second Unit
Jamie....
What was the off-color joke in An Itch In Time (1943)? I just know about the end scene

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I got very excited when I saw that, thinking that maybe we'd get Coal Black. Unfortunate that it's not the case. :frowning: Still, I'll be all over this one. Glad to see at least one more Foghorn Leghorn and Ralph vs. Sam.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
We go through this every time, and I'm sorry to be a bastard, but this belongs in the main forum. Looney Tunes shorts ARE NOT in any way a TV show. It's just plain disrespectful to relegate these classic theatrical shorts to "TV episodes"...

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

My view on this is pretty simple: two years in a row now, Gord and Dave at TVShowsonDVD have scooped everybody else by posting the list of cartoons before anybody else does. As such, they can post the news wherever the heck they want. Thanks, guys.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Besides, these shorts have aired on television for the many years, and most modern viewers have seen Looney Tunes almost exclusively on TV.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Nice summaries of the cartoons, Jaime...

I've been really thrilled to see the first three sets feature so many of the pre-1945 cartoons, which (IMHO) are much better than the later ones. I'm also quite surprised since I expected that most of the latter day cartoons (1950 through 1960's) would be put out first, since they often made up the bulk of the "Bugs Bunny and Friends" anthology show that the post baby boomers (including myself) and younger grew up with. I was certain that WB would cater to that audience first, rather than the real LT connoisseurs.

I really enjoy the old Hollywood star sendups, of which there were also a few on volume 2. I don't think I ever realized how many there were.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

I've seen most pre-1990s movies in my collection of TV only. Does that mean they're suitable for the TV forum?

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I think this should go in Film as well, but anyways...I really cant wait for this release. Dont like the cover art though...its just...weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks