Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What About 'That Girl'?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted July 12 2005 - 05:12 AM

Is there any word on when this classic 60's show might see the light of day on DVD? I'm not big on 60's TV, but this one along with Bewitched and Gilligan I would consider buying. I used to watch it when I was a kid and I never forgot it.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor

• 765 posts

Posted July 12 2005 - 05:18 AM

I remember watching this series when I was kid. I'd pick-up the seasons if they were ever released.
Master Poe: Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Caine: I hear the water. I hear the birds.
Master Poe: Do you hear your own heart beat.
Caine: No.
Master Poe: Do you hear the grasshopper, which is at your feet.Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?Master Poe: Young man, how is it...

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Barbara,G

Barbara,G

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 12 2005 - 05:39 AM

I would buy this on DVD. I'm going to vote for it.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted July 12 2005 - 11:14 AM

Anchor Bay released a disc with 9 episodes a few years back, but it didn't sell very well I hear. I'm not sure if they still have the rights to the series. That DVD is long OOP.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Barbara,G

Barbara,G

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted July 12 2005 - 01:56 PM

I believe DVD EMPIRE has it.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted July 13 2005 - 04:17 AM

It's on the site, but it says it isn't available. Someone on Amazon is selling a used copy for $169.99! Hilarious!

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 674 posts

Posted July 13 2005 - 06:51 AM

This is true. That Girl was one of the first old TV shows to be released on dvd before the dvd boom craze took off. Many people, like myself, did not have dvd players when this show was released. The show was also released in a vhs format. I bought the vhs version, so I'm not surprised the dvd version didn't sell well. I hope someone else gives the show a chance.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted July 13 2005 - 04:32 PM

As much as I love Marlo Thomas, I wouldn't buy That Girl. But just in case somebody I know ever asks me, was it released on DVD or laserdisc (a.k.a. LD) ? Laserdisc wasn't before my time, but it existed at a time when I couldn't afford that format.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 02:51 AM

This is certainly one of the most successful sitcoms of the 1960s that hasn't seen a proper season set release. Of course, successful by ABC standards. But still, while I don't know how well 5 seasons would sell, I would really like to see a couple of season sets at least. I'm not sure who owns the show but I believe Marlo herself owns it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users