What's new

Season sets we've waited too long for. Losing hope. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Here is a list of shows I own on dvd, that are as of now dead in the water.

Happy Days- When on earth is the second season coming? I heard there was a music rights issue, but come on Paramount, get with it.

Laverne and Shirley- No idea whats going on with the second season of this series, but I thought it was popular enough to continue.

Different Strokes- Great show. I should own the third season by now.

Charlies Angels- I guess the second season is all were going to get. Very unfortunate.

Mork, and Mindy- I really want to see the remaining seasons released.

It's a shame that these excellent shows are taking so long. I think when a studio releases the first season of a show they should include a timeline of when they will release the next season. Waiting around, not knowing is a huge drawback for buying tv shows on dvd.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Just Shoot Me- It's been over a year since Seasons 1&2 on DVD.

Malcolm In The Middle- It's been way too long, and I'm having doubts about future releases.

King of the Hill ( Decent releases )

They are able to pull out all the stops for The Simpsons and Futrama but leave the best two seasons of King of the Hill worthless.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would disagree that the KotH sets are "worthless." First, the episodes are uncut and have their original music intact, which is the first and most important thing. The extras are just icing on the cake.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Well, you already got the first 2 years. Now you just have to wait on the remaining 4.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
5! :)

And even though they'll most likely never make it to DVD in complete season form, some small part of me is still waiting against all hope. :)

Chris

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

I think this is more for ones that already have 1 - 2 releases
and there has been a huge gap between another release

John*P

Second Unit
Malcolm in the Middle - The longer Fox takes to release seasons 2 on, the less likely I am to buy them...

Lizzie McGuire - I'm hoping we get Box Set Vol 2 by the end of the year...

Laverne & Shirley - Season 2

Who's the Boss? - Season 2

CynthiaH

Agent
I'm still not sure why we've been waiting so long for Party of Five. The First Season came out in May of 2004, and since that time, Matthew Fox has gone on to star in one of the biggest hits of this season (Lost), and Scott Wolf showed up as a regular on Everwood. Neve Campbell had a movie that came out that didn't do too well (The Company, I think?), and Lacey Chabert was in Mean Girls, which was a pretty popular movie, both in theatres and in rentals.

You'd think they would at least want to get things moving while everyone is still working and fresh in the minds of the viewer. Unless there is some sort of rights issue holding this up, or the first sold that poorly-which I have no idea about, because we never seem privy to any sort of stats on such things, other than ratings/rankings on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks