Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Chiefs = TV Mini Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Clark Bradley

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted July 08 2005 - 12:33 PM

Story:
Quote:
Years pass and successive police chiefs hold office. The mysterious unsolved crimes have been swept under the carpet. But in 1962, the day of reckoning draws near as Billy Dee Williams (Tyler Watts) Delano's first black police chief, becomes intrigued by the old case and the dark shadow it casts over the town. Despite threats, he perseveres to ultimately uncover the scandalous secret behind the forty year old mystery.

Anyone know how to get a hold of one of these? The DVD is only availble in Region 0 PAL format...which apparently won't play on US Region 1.

#2 of 4 Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 04:16 AM

Clark, the A/V Sources area is where we discuss audio and video source components (LD, CD, and DVD players, turntables, VHS/S-VHS/D-VHS machines, etc.). Ask about non-Region I DVDs in this location. JB

#3 of 4 Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider

Second Unit

• 356 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 06:07 AM

You can play it if you purchase a dvd player that will convert PAL to NTSC, the US television system. Region "0" means it will play anywhere, but a player that will convert will also play discs from any region if you set it up that way. http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/ I've found to be reliable.

#4 of 4 Clark Bradley

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted July 18 2005 - 08:33 AM

Well, I got my DVD. I can't tell if it is PAL format...this was the only one that had a different cover than the other ones on ebay (which were all PAL format).

It is:

Regsion Code: All
Format: DVD 5

It plays on my computer, but my Samsung DVD (DVD-M301) gives a televsion error when I try put the DVD in.

"Please check the TV system."