Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wonder Woman-what happened?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 of 37 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 07 2005 - 06:22 PM

The first two sets of Wonder Woman were great. What happened to the third? Have you checked out the Alterations List over on tvshowsondvd.com? My god, there were so many alterations that there was barely room for them all. Did WB rush this set out too quickly? We all complain about sets not coming fast enough, but if this is what we get in return for quick releases, I'd rather wait.

#2 of 37 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted July 08 2005 - 01:03 AM

I'm still working my way through season 2, but season 3 is on my shelf and waiting.

It's been so long since I've seen any of these eps, I doubt I would've noticed any alterations if not for the handy resource you've linked. I hate to see that footage is missing, especially the wetsuit shot.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#3 of 37 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 08 2005 - 02:59 AM

I'm watching Season 3 (watched disc 3 of it last night). These are all very minor cuts (a name not listed in the credits, single shots missing etc). I hadn't seen the show in years, and they don't hurt it.

The biggest change it lists was the Dolphin episode which I watched last night. It says three minutes are cut from it. When I watched it, there is a scene where Diana is captured and there is a freeze frame where I think it went to a commercial originally. But, it then just goes quickly to the next scene. It looks like some of the time lost could be from that edit. (To be honest, more than 3 minutes should have been cut from that episode, as it was one of the weaker ones).

As for the show, of all the shows I've been watching on DVD, it really holds up rather well. Very entertaining and it serves as a sort of time capsule. All the guest stars, the different trends (from UFOs, motorcyling, last night had a skateboarding episode). A lot of fun.

#4 of 37 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,050 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 08 2005 - 10:37 AM

I'm still on the fence about buying these. I remember loving the show as a kid when it would air on Saturday afternoons (back to back with "Bionic Woman" HUZZAH!), but I have a fear that it would be hard to watch now. Knowing that season 3 is tampered with isn't helping. I'm really surprised, Warners is usually so good with this stuffPosted Image

#5 of 37 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 06:47 AM

Well, for under $30, for the full season, it shouldn't be a big decision. The show holds up pretty well. I wasn't all that much of a fan when it aired, but like it a lot more now.

As for Warner's tampering, it you look at the listing, they are all extremely minor things. Nothing to worry about or not buy the set for.

Now where is BIONIC WOMAN?

#6 of 37 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 07:05 AM

3 mins. cut from a 47 min. episode isn't minor in my eyes. But I am a huge fan of the series. I'll bet Trekkies would be furious if 3 mins. were cut from a Trek episode.

#7 of 37 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
3 mins. cut from a 47 min. episode isn't minor in my eyes. But I am a huge fan of the series. I'll bet Trekkies would be furious if 3 mins. were cut from a Trek episode.

But, as I stated, it is a terrible episode (obviously inspired by DAY OF THE DOLPHIN). One of the weakest in the series. And, no one has stated what those three minutes involved, if indeed they were cut.

It really is no loss as that is not an episode I would ever watch a second time.

#8 of 37 OFFLINE   Katherine_K

Katherine_K

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 08:54 AM

Does anyone know what those three minutes do involve?

#9 of 37 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted July 09 2005 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
I'm still on the fence about buying these.

Russell, I'm doing the same "fence-riding" on WW S2 & 3. I have S1 and liked it, I think mainly due to the WWII setting for S1. I don't remember liking the "modern" S2 & 3 as much but I might get them to complete the series.

Quote:
Now where is BIONIC WOMAN?

I heard, that, Jon Posted Image As you can see in my "signature", I'm wanting that series big-time. However, it doesn't look promising for either bionic series DVD release. They are currently tied up in legal/rights issues, which as we all know here sometimes rings the "death toll" for some TV/DVD releases. I hope that Universal is able to resolve the issues to get these 2 released. My opinion is that they'll release them if the cost[s] aren't prohibitive to do so since there are a lot of us (from looking at the voting #'s on TSoD) wanting these series.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#10 of 37 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 11:14 AM

It may be a terrible episode to you, but I like it.

#11 of 37 OFFLINE   Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted July 09 2005 - 03:09 PM

According to TVShowsonDVD, these alterations are not yet confirmed. The site news this week stated that the alterations list is now moderated, because there have been so many bogus alterations listed. So, sprinkle liberally with grains of salt ... :>
Deb Walsh (debwalsh@aol.com)
http://www.debwalsh.com/press/

#12 of 37 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 09 2005 - 08:59 PM

Quote:

Russell, I'm doing the same "fence-riding" on WW S2 & 3. I have S1 and liked it, I think mainly due to the WWII setting for S1. I don't remember liking the "modern" S2 & 3 as much but I might get them to complete the series.

Well, I'm all for loving things I did when younger, but I think I remember a similar thought but after watching season 2, I see the show actually improved, it may have been an upset in format change that jaded some viewers but storylines work much better and the character of Steve comes across much stronger, less of a moronic weakling, WW still must save him from time to time but he is not a total failure as a soldier as in the first one.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#13 of 37 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 10 2005 - 05:52 AM

Quote:
Steve comes across much stronger, less of a moronic weakling

In season 3, he doesn't have much of a role in many episodes, mainly behind a desk.

But, I do think it improved in the second and third seasons. As they say in one of the docs, there was only so much she could do fighting Nazis, so there is a lot more in the modern day era.

#14 of 37 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted July 10 2005 - 06:03 AM

I never liked when the show went from the WW2 setting to modern day. It just never felt as fresh to me as the first season did.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#15 of 37 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 10 2005 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
In season 3, he doesn't have much of a role in many episodes, mainly behind a desk.

But, I do think it improved in the second and third seasons. As they say in one of the docs, there was only so much she could do fighting Nazis, so there is a lot more in the modern day era.
Ah, I am still on Season two but I see the formation of what you say, still, the role seems a bit stronger even as a further background supporting player, he just seemed too much the damsel in distress the first season.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#16 of 37 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted July 10 2005 - 04:43 PM

I'll say this for the latter two seasons--the costume's better.:b
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#17 of 37 OFFLINE   Larry.P

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 05:13 PM

I can confirm the missing footage on "The Deadly Dolphin". I compared the DVD to the Columbia House tape. There is 2:33 of footage missing after Diana is captured. On the Columbia House tape, the next scene shows Darrell and Doctor Stubs back at the aquarium. Darrell is talking to Gladys (the dolphin) and the doctor talks about how she hasn't heard from Diana. She says they will bring Gladys back to the ocean. Then it cuts to the boat, where Diana is tied up. The guys on the boat talk about the fact that they know Diana is an agent. They say there is a nice heavy anchor down below they can tie her too.
I was surprised at how lengthy the missing footage is. A shame this footage is missing.

#18 of 37 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 05:31 PM

Does someone have a contact for WB so I can give them this information?

#19 of 37 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 05:37 PM

Scott,
Try this link. I just sent them a complaint.

www2.warnerbros.com/web/help/help_feedback.jsp

#20 of 37 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, Matt. Can everyone that reads this try to send one? I don't think they did it on purpose, but they need to go back over the episodes and correct the mistakes.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow