Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best projectory under $1000??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Peter Keeling

Peter Keeling

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted July 07 2005 - 04:42 PM

What is the best DLP projector under $1000? are there any? I was in love for the BenQ 8700+ and now the 7700. but that would be for my dads house. At my moms house, I gotta keep it with a tight budget. Any suggestions?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted July 07 2005 - 06:54 PM

The Optoma H31 and Infocus 4805 are right about $1,000, and have gotten the best reviews. Read the article at Projectorcentral.com, "Battle of the Budget Projectors".

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Victor Ferguson

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted July 08 2005 - 07:32 AM

I got a Infocus 4800 new in box shipped for under 600. If budget is tight its a great value.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Derek Bang

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted July 08 2005 - 08:55 AM

You might consider the Mits HC3. I just got one and I love it. In fact, I was able to order it online for $995, which included a 92" Dalite screen and progressive scan DVD player. The HC3 was almost my only option because I have only a 10' throw distance due to the placement of a bulkhead in my basement and the HC3 has one of the best short-throw capabilities I could find. I also wanted to be able to have some ambient light in the room, which this projector excels at. Picture quality is superb and colors are vivid. Only issue, which is common with LCDs, is that blacks are not truly black - more like "charcoal grey". Doesn't bother me but other complain. Your mileage may vary. Edit: Ooops - should've read the question better - not a DLP projector. Give it a look anyways!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Peter Keeling

Peter Keeling

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted July 13 2005 - 11:30 AM

thanks guys. I really like that Optoma H31. ill research it a little more. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users