Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DDD = Digital Eyes.net?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   StephenP

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 03:23 AM

Does anyone know the relationship between these companies? They have the same address, which I have never noticed until I recently purchased things from each place. Seems like a lot of trouble to run two sites instead of one. I know digital eyes buys used discs, is a tad more expensive and doesnt have free shipping. I suppose these items are intended to make a bit more profit on the used dvd trade? Just curious!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeEckman

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 03:45 AM

I know that the company that owns DDD is located in Itasca, IL and they own several mail order companies. One of them is Playboy's mail order business. I know they also own another DVD mail order place, but I dont remember if its Digital Eyes. If you saw that the addresses are the same, then I bet thats it.
Mike Eckman
Chicago Heights, IL
Music Webpage: http://www.metalreviewcentre.com
Car Webpage: http://www.metalrevi...com/transam.htm

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 03:46 AM

The company that owns DDD recently (last year?) bought both DigitalEyes.net and DVD Empire.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell

Producer

• 3,761 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 04:07 AM

Quote:
The company that owns DDD recently (last year?) bought both DigitalEyes.net and DVD Empire.

You mean DVD Planet, not DVD Empire. The parent company is Infinity Resources. They purchased DVD Planet from Image Entertainment in fall 2003. They purchased DigitalEyes earlier that year. They also own Critics' Choice Video (ccvideo.com), which they bought from Playboy in 2000.

DJ

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 08:53 AM

"I Wanna Be A Boss, I Wanna Be A Big Boss, I Wanna Boss The World Around, I Wanna Be The Biggest Boss That Ever Bossed The World Around...." Posted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kate*H

Kate*H

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 06 2005 - 01:16 PM

I got an email from digitaleyes not too long ago promoting their "sister site" Deep Discount DVD's 25% off sale. They must have some sort of friendly relationship if they're willing to promote another site's sale.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are