What's new

DDD = Digital Eyes.net? (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know the relationship between these companies? They have the same address, which I have never noticed until I recently purchased things from each place. Seems like a lot of trouble to run two sites instead of one. I know digital eyes buys used discs, is a tad more expensive and doesnt have free shipping. I suppose these items are intended to make a bit more profit on the used dvd trade? Just curious!

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I know that the company that owns DDD is located in Itasca, IL and they own several mail order companies. One of them is Playboy's mail order business. I know they also own another DVD mail order place, but I dont remember if its Digital Eyes. If you saw that the addresses are the same, then I bet thats it.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The company that owns DDD recently (last year?) bought both DigitalEyes.net and DVD Empire.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

You mean DVD Planet, not DVD Empire. The parent company is Infinity Resources. They purchased DVD Planet from Image Entertainment in fall 2003. They purchased DigitalEyes earlier that year. They also own Critics' Choice Video (ccvideo.com), which they bought from Playboy in 2000.

DJ

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
"I Wanna Be A Boss, I Wanna Be A Big Boss, I Wanna Boss The World Around, I Wanna Be The Biggest Boss That Ever Bossed The World Around...." ;)

Kate*H

Agent
I got an email from digitaleyes not too long ago promoting their "sister site" Deep Discount DVD's 25% off sale. They must have some sort of friendly relationship if they're willing to promote another site's sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks