What's new

Firefox help (1 Viewer)

RichardJB

Stunt Coordinator
My firefox browser no longer displays pictures on certain web sites, I have done all the updates and enabled all Java
and ActiveX settings and it still wont work,, HELP

RichardJB

Stunt Coordinator
I really thought I would get some help on this forum but I guess not. I have posted numerous questions and either no response or a ridiculous one. Thanx alot for all your help.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm sorry I nor anyone else was able to help (and not even to lighten your mood) but did you consider posting or have you posted your issue on the Firefox forum? Computers is after all an "Other Diversion" on this forum.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Richard, I can pretty much guarantee that the first response a person has to your "I really thought..." message up here is not "Ooh! I REALLY have to help this guy, he seems so warm and appreciative when he bites Guo Xiong's head off for making a joke!" :)

This really isn't a computer support site - the computer bits here tend to be skewed towards home cinema applications of the PC - but people do try to help. However, you didn't even wait more than two hours for a reply before getting all huffy and started acting as if it is your right to get service and we're your peons who should snap to. That is not the way to go about it, I can pretty much guarantee that.

However...

What kind of pictures is it that don't work? GIF, JPG... or is it perhaps Macromedia Flash that doesn't work? Quicktime? These are plugins that show pictures and/or movies aside from the general purpose GIF/PNG/JPG that are found on web pages. Perhaps you're lacking a plugin or have a malfunction there?

To check the file type, fire up another browser like Opera or Internet Explorer, right-click on the image and see what type it is; more info posted means more of a chance you get help.

If your Firefox has seriously started malfunctioning inexplicably, a good thorough thing to try is to make sure you backup your bookmarks so you don't lose them (ie do an export), then uninstall Firefox entirely and even erase the C:Program FilesFirefox folder, and then reinstall and see how things work. If things are ok, then reimport the bookmarks and you're good to go (and any extensions you like.)

Just some suggestions on where to go, and as Guo Xiong says, it is always a good idea to go to the proper support venue if you need help - ie, the Firefox forums or something along those lines, in this case.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Richard:

My reply to your other thread suggesting that you change the title to something other than "Help" was entirely serious and intended to be helpful. Generic thread names tend to get ignored around here for good reason - there are more than enough threads for most of us to keep up with as it is. I'll pay more attention to threads with specific headers like "Networking problems" or "Can't print from IE" than I will to title like "Help" and "Firefox Help" Also this is a world-wide "fun" forum with members in every timezone who work every imaginable schedule. So you can never tell when an answer to your question will pop up. Don't be so quick to complain that nobody is helping you. The person with the answer to your question could just be getting home from work. (Since this site is classified under headings like "hobbies" and "entertainment" many corporate web filters won't let workers access it during business hours.)

Maybe a little more clarity in your thread titles and a little less attitude would get you the help you're looking for.

Oh. And, "You're welcome." :)

Regards,

Joe

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Of course, a 2h interval between the request above and the response in the 3rd post isn't exactly giving folks a lot of time to respond, either, is it?

Be a bit more clear in your header line, and in the specifics, and people here will be GLAD to help. Subjectcs like "Torn", "Help", "Reciever"[sic], "wiring"[sic], "Screens", "Speakers", "New HT" and "Room Acoustics" say just about nothing as to their content. Folks look at this website and see literally THOUSANDS of posts - and yours don't stand out, they're too generic. Add some context - like "Need help with Firefox - cannot see images" - and you just might get a few favorable responses.

So ease up, Richard.

As far as those pictures are concerned - are you sure you've enabled all of the settings? Are you sure the sites involved did not somehow change the images? And, do you have a firewall or similar software? It may be blocking things, regardless of your settings.

Mike

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Richard,

I'm not sure you touched on this or not but you may have something in your "Options" blocking the pictures. I have my browser (Firefox 1.0.4) set to Load Images from the orginating website only.

Not sure if this helps or not but I wanted to give it a shot.

DaveSarcevic

Agent
Try putting the cursor over the image and right click on it. Do you have a bunch of different options to choose from? One should be view image. Click on it. Also check your settings, and make sure the option to allow you view images is selected.
Did you think of going to Mozillas help site, it's right there on your toolbar. Open your eyes before you open your mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks