-

Photo
- - - - -

Using the internet to find someone...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,987 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted June 30 2005 - 05:06 AM

Without paying $$$. I am not trying to axe-murder anyone, nor trying to "score" with an old high school flame (though the ads I am assaulted with presume that motivation). Classmates has the person listed, but I refuse to pay $15 for them to send an e-mail for me. I know the name. The college she graduated from, her married name, even her major!?! I even read some articles she wrote at college. But I just want an e-mail address.

Any ideas? Again, I am cheap. So very cheap. I cannot be the only one. Sadly, the name is fairly generic, moreso with the married surname.

Thanks,
Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Chauncey

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted June 30 2005 - 05:15 AM

Try Zabasearch, they don't have email addresses, but you might get a phone number and a street address.

Good Luck,

Chauncey
Chauncey

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted June 30 2005 - 06:20 AM

I'd try Googling - you'd be surprised how quickly you can narrow down the field. I was able to find a couple of ex-fellow pupils this way in about twenty minutes.

I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs, but be warned that what you find may not be quite what you expect. E.g. a friend of mine from work caught up with an an old schoolfriend of hers. The friend had been this mousy church-going little creature. She turned up to the meeting in a Merc sports dressed up to the nines. During the course of the meeting it became clear how she'd earnt her money - suffice to say that she left the meeting early because a 'client' wanted her. Posted Image I'm not saying for a moment that this will apply to your friend, but don't expect things to be exactly as anticipated.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 30 2005 - 08:12 AM

Quote:
I even read some articles she wrote at college.

If she's a fairly recent gradaute and said articles were published in some kind of semi-professional publication you might try writing her in care of the magazine and providing your e-mail address. Chances are they'll forward the mail and she'll have the option of replying or not. Or write her care of the Alumni office and see if they'll do the same. (Heck, some college alumni offices publish regular registries of graduating classes with whatever information the individuals opt to have provided - physical addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail, etc.) Some even post the stuff on the alumni section of their websites.

Regards,

Joe