What's new

Is HDMI upgrade worth it?? (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 46" Toshiba Widescreen HD TV and am just learning more about the HDMI available dvd players and cables. A buddy of mine with a similar size TV just bought an HDMI capable dvd player and close to $150.00 Monster HDMI Cable and says the picture is so much clearer and sharper. Is it really worth spending more money on a new dvd player and monster cable to utilize this close to HD dvd picture?

I just bought a new progressive scan toshiba dvd player a year ago without knowing about the HDMI upgrade, so do any of you have this equipment and is the picture really that much better? Should I wait all together until the official HD DVD players come out later this year? I like the picture of my dvd's already, but I do want the best possible features and equipment to utilize my setup. Thanks for any advice or input.

Marc LaPalme

Agent
personally. i would wait.

actually.. since you bought a new dvd player last year... id wait not till next year.. but the year after to purchase second gen players or first gen at better prices.

by then... there will be:

more selection on cables, players and compatible components.

everything will be cheaper.

and most of the bugs would have been fixed/cleared.

John S

Senior HTF Member
It is still a try it and see sort of thing. So the real answer is maybe, maybe not. Clear as mud right?

Now that modern displays often come with top notch de-interlacers, it has really grey'd the answers on what will be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks