What's new

Loving my HSU STF-2 (1 Viewer)

Ryan_McG

Grip
Hey all,

Well back a few weeks ago I picked up an STF-2. I use it in conjunction with a Pioneer VSX-1014 and Athena F2's B1's and a C1. When I first set it up, I must say I was thoroughly satisfied, but let me tell you that I just calibrated it properly, and it is truly unbelievable!It's not as much the loudness (Even thought the loudness seems never-ending) but how clear, precise and accurate it is, it is really stunning. I have to say that a sub is a very if not the most important piece to balance your home theater puzzle out, and this just adds an incredible dimension that nothing in that price range can compete with, im my opinion of course.

If anyone is in the market for sub supremacy and their budget is around $400 to $500, the HSU STF-2 is the sub for you!

Anyone else have one and care to share their opinion?

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Yes I agree, after over a year of ownership I am still impressed by my STF-2. And like you said not only by its clean loudness and depth, but by just how well it blends in, how tight it is and in general just how right it sounds. I paid $350 for mine (back when they sold them at CompUSA) and it was certainly the best deal I have gotten in my HT. And it is probably my favorite peace of equipment.

Ryan_McG

Grip
I could not agree more Matt. It's hard to get SVS up here in Canada with all the taxes, boarder charges and everything else involved, so once I realized that i turned my view's to the STF-2 and there is no turning back. I'm Very happy and not just the sub, I am impressed with HSU's customer service, that really rocks too. They are right on the ball with things and are honest people making an honest living at selling a great product for a fab price! you can't go wrong!

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you so much, Ryan, I am so glad that you are happy!

We are very fortunate to have such kind and gracious customers, and for that we are ever thankful :)

Sincerely,

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

HSU makes / designs a great product.

Question: did you try / consider the Athena sub? I am wondering how they compare.

Regards

Gregg

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My VTF-2 was always a great performer. In max extension config (which would be the same as a STF-2 I believe), it had plenty of output, especially for it's size. My room is quite large, so I had to upgrade from the VTF-2, but it's a great sub.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

Right John...and remember, you had an older VTF-2 with an older driver and amp. The new amp and driver added even more dynamics and ooomph.

I bought a used STF-2 as a stop gap for my Parents' HT in a 15x25x12 room in a tri-level house, uncloseable stairways to the upper and lower floors. I am amazed at what the STF-2 does in that room. Ofcourse, my Dad wants my VTF-3.

Ryan_McG

Grip
I did compare the 2 and there was really no direct comparison. Don't get me wrong, the Athena PS-400 was not bad, it just was not as good. I heard a great quote from another poster and here it is:

"The Athena was like Beyonce and the HSU was like Aretha, Beyonce can sing, but Aretha is a whole other level!"

Love that one!

I agree to say that possibly the Athena sub may be Athena's weakest link, but there new subs may be a force to reckon with as they are bigger, stronger and now are made with BASH amp's, we will see how that pans out I guess.

Big thumbs up for HSU subs, and Athena floor standing and bookshelf speakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks