Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV Shows You've Bought but Won't Complete

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 OFFLINE   BernieV

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted January 27 2007 - 11:39 AM

Yeah. I replied early on that I wouldn't buy Sliders S3 because of the price increase and decline in storytelling. For some reason I changed my mind during the last DDD sale. A copy of S3 is sitting on the shelf unopened. I just know there are Kromaggs lurking inside. Posted Image

Another series where I elected to stop at S2 is I Dream of Jeannie. I loved the first two years, but the original premise started to get lost with increasing guest appearances, location episodes, evil cousin Jeannie and other unfunny characters. Posted Image

#102 of 103 OFFLINE   Mike_Craft

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted February 12 2007 - 02:12 AM

seinfeld. For some reason, I did not watch it as a kid like everyone else. So I bought the first 3 seasons since everyone said it was so great, and I thought it was stupid.

Sliders. Mid-season 3 the show really tanked. I do enjoy the first half of season 3 so I ills till get the set in te future. I MAY even be persuaded to get season 4 in the WAY future if its really come don in price. I have no plans to ever own season 5. Even if its givin to me free Posted Image

everything else I own, I plan to complete, despite some unenjoyable seasons.

#103 of 103 OFFLINE   exliontamer

exliontamer

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted February 14 2007 - 03:27 AM

That's too bad, but I understand your beef with the pricing on the split-season set. I've read elsewhere that the $20 pricetag for the first season set was a mistake, or at least an aberration; I paid full price -- $35, if I remember right -- because I don't live anywher near a Wal-Mart (if you can believe that's still possible). I was just happy to get the show on DVD at all, and last week I plunked down my $40 for BV 2.0 with few complaints. I'm only a few episodes in, and despite a dud season opener with (gah!) Buddy Hackett, it's excellent. I'll happily buy 2.5, provided Warner Bros. releases it.
"Stay glued to your TV set."