Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Looking for new car receiver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted June 23 2005 - 06:09 PM

Im looking for a new car deck to replace the stock radio. I have looked a couple of online stores for some i might be interested in, and im looking for a sleek looking one that has a some kind of display that shows little animations and what not, is powered well, plays mp3's/has text.

I'm really leaning towards this

http://goodguys.com/....0&catky=207135

but i could have sworn i have seen a deck in a store one time that was playing a dvd video right on the decks small screen, not on a flip out screen or anything. If anyone knows what im talking about or can help me with some suggestions as to what i should get i would appreciate it.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted June 24 2005 - 10:20 AM

Pioneer makes decent stuff. Alpine, Eclipse and maybe Kenwood are the only other decks I'd consider (besides esoteric stuff).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 01:13 PM

Nick,

This may have been the deck you were talking about:

http://www.crutchfie....search=jvc dvd

There are several reviews and detailed information at the Crutchfield site. It looks like the deck has a few drawbacks, but if DVD playback on an in-dash screen is your priority, this one fits the bill without costing a fortune or looking garish sticking out of the dash. It was also play MP3 files recorded on a DVD, one of the few decks which can do this so far.

Aaron Gilbert